droid pro battery drain, found something weird with contact data

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I cant figure this out, maybe someone can assist. I have a droid pro running 2.2.1. I dont think ive made many changes, or installed programs and my phone is NOT rooted. But the battery is dying quickly. Something is spiking the CPU to 100% and transferring data. its causing the phone to heat up.....and thats when i noticed something wasn't right.

Thought it was FB but I logged out and dont think its running. Tried systempanel, and the only thing weird I notice is a spike in these 3 items.

Contacts.
ContactsData
Data Manager Service.

Again fairly novice, I dont root or do any of that so I am sorta at a loss....

Any ideas?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: droid pro battery drain, found something weird with contact d

Looks like one of your system apps is corrupted or a downloaded app installed in the past has gone rogue. It happens. More than likely continous processor usage is causing the heat buildup as you've discovered.

If you're running any utilities, like task managers, battery monitors, I would uninstall them first, then check the issue. Heck, uninstall all downloaded apps.

Turn off all auto sync's and auto-updates. Auto-notifications also. Especially if something requires Wifi or GPS usage.

If the problem still persists, then you need to backup your contacts, either via Google, or you can export them to SD. Whichever method as long as you've backed them up. Personally, I prefer to backup to my pc. All info on the SD card is not effected.If you have important sms you wish to save, you can get MyPhoneExplorer to back that to a windows pc (client app required for the pc)

Then do a Factory Reset. Note that all info on the phones internal memory will be lost, which is why it's important to backup at least your contacts. Paid apps from the market will be available for re-downloading after you do the reset when you go to the market again. However, any free apps, you'll need to remember which ones.

If the factory reset doesn't fix it,(before downloading any apps), then it's a hardware issue. You'll need to turn it in for service or replacement.

Oh, one more note, rooting will not cause this issue in 99.9% of cases.

sholzer

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: droid pro battery drain, found something weird with contact d

thanks for the advice. i know a factory reset would probably help and a fresh start wouldnt be the end of the world but its so annoying getting the phone back to the way you had it ya know? and like u said to backup sms and stuff is another process and apps, etc. I know people use titanium but thats another things im not comfortable with. gonna keep trying to troubleshoot but you are probably right......we shall see! thanks again!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayeff