Droid Pro Forum Member Initial Thoughts and Reviews

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Just got the Droid Pro and switched from the BB Bold. So far very nice. I love having a bigger screen and everything works as advertised. Think this is a keeper. BB is just taking too long to get new products out. Been needing this form factor for a long time.

CSI Guy

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
Day 2 with the Pro, very nice phone. Will keep this bad boy, everything works great. Now want to sell my iPad and get a Tab.

miketrow

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
1 Week As A Pro User

Great phone and simple to use and navigate. Upgraded from a BB and find everything I didn?t like about the BB OS omitted from Android. The phone its self great and no problems with the keys etc.

one issue. Contacts Sync!

On my Droid Pro I added all my accounts - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. All the contacts downloaded fine. What about if I add new contacts to those accounts on the websites. How does that sync. Is it automatic?

I also see there is an app on the phone - Contacts Sync but I can?t access it or anything else.

Anyone else not able to sync new Social Media Contacts automatically or at all?

DAFFYDC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hello and Merry Christmas everyone. I just got the DroidPro for my wife as a Christmas gift. Ordered it off amazon late Tuesday evening. Was told the ETA would be Christmas Eve but we got it a day early (now that was fast!). $50 too with free shipping.

Anyway, the wifes old phone is a BB Tour. So far she's liking it. Since I'm more techy, I've been helping out customizing all of the shortcuts and widgets. I've been spending more time with it than she has but I'm trying to learn the device. The browser is very nice. It's fast too. I myself got a Fascinate and love it. The wife didn't want an all touch screen phone since she's used to her BB so that's why we went with the Pro.

The only thing she's having issues with is the android buttons. They are SUPER-SENSITIVE. Anytime she tries to type using the letters on the top row, it's easy to accidentally hit the menu,home,back or search buttons.

Does anyone know if there's a way to tone down the sensitivity of those buttons? Maybe there's an app that's out there or can be made so they require a double-tap or something.

Overall, she's liking it and getting used to it. She freaked out when she got her first inbound call because of the default ringer is god-aweful.

ramireh3

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hello and Merry Christmas everyone. I just got the DroidPro for my wife as a Christmas gift. Ordered it off amazon late Tuesday evening. Was told the ETA would be Christmas Eve but we got it a day early (now that was fast!). $50 too with free shipping.

Anyway, the wifes old phone is a BB Tour. So far she's liking it. Since I'm more techy, I've been helping out customizing all of the shortcuts and widgets. I've been spending more time with it than she has but I'm trying to learn the device. The browser is very nice. It's fast too. I myself got a Fascinate and love it. The wife didn't want an all touch screen phone since she's used to her BB so that's why we went with the Pro.

The only thing she's having issues with is the android buttons. They are SUPER-SENSITIVE. Anytime she tries to type using the letters on the top row, it's easy to accidentally hit the menu,home,back or search buttons.

Does anyone know if there's a way to tone down the sensitivity of those buttons? Maybe there's an app that's out there or can be made so they require a double-tap or something.

Overall, she's liking it and getting used to it. She freaked out when she got her first inbound call because of the default ringer is god-aweful.

I just did the same thing for my wife. She had a BB Tour and I just moved her over to the Pro. To make things easier on her I downloaded Astro and Ringleader Free and looked for some BB ringtones and notifications. Since my wife was use to her BB and the alert sounds for all the different emails, text's etc and not much of a techie I set up her Pro with the same notification sounds to make the transition for her much easier. She loves it because now she can tell by sound what is coming in instead of having to guess based on the new sounds. While for some having new notification sounds might not have been a big deal but for my wife since she is not into phones as a lot of us in this community are this was a pretty cool thing for her.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrystalLewis