droid reorientation vs iphone

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
just curious, does the iphone reorient in all directions? (i.e. if i turn the screen to landscape either left or right OR upside down for that matter). Just wondering, I know it makes sense for droid to only reorient to landscape when you move it left since the keyboard slides out that way, but still think it would be nice for it to auto orient to any direction, especially if the slideout keyboard is not in use. Also seems that on homescreen pages, there is no auto reorientation unless you use the keyboard, which to me, is a minor annoyance. Not a must have, but almost seems like a bug.

If anyone has any info or thoughts about this I'd love to hear.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The iphone rotates left or right, but not upside down. It doesn't rotate on the homescreen either, only with apps, net, pics, etc.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yes I too am am a bit surprised that the home screen does not rotate when the phone is turned, but does when the keyboard is slid out. Seems a little bit odd. You know the software has the ability to do it, but it just doesn't. Hmm.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah... i read a thread on verizon's forum where many folks claimed that it did indeed initially rotate but then suddenly stopped, claiming some auto update. Again for me its not a major issue, but I think and hope it will become at least an option for those that would like to use it.

hanano17

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah... i read a thread on verizon's forum where many folks claimed that it did indeed initially rotate but then suddenly stopped, claiming some auto update. Again for me its not a major issue, but I think and hope it will become at least an option for those that would like to use it.

To be honest, I prefer the homescreen to not rotate. I would much rather the Droid be able to rotate both left and right, instead of only one way. If you ever owned a Blackberry Storm, you would understand the fustration of having the home screen rotate. However, it should at least be an option to have it rotate or not since some do prefer it to rotate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSun