Droid Skins

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have the same concern as u do. I also worry about how much of a waste is it if u get ur phone replaced and how hard r they to get on nicely.

thejammy

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i agree graphical skins are just a waste of time. I have a skin that helps protect the phone and screen. I also put the body glove clip/case around it.

I am a business owner. Unless I am going to advertise my business on the back of it, I don't see the point. IMHO

cmorty72#AC

The bending unit
Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had something quite similar on my Storm. It looked o.k. at first, but then over time it started peeling around the edges, picking up dust and pocket lint. (yuck!)
The concept is sound, but if I were you I'd pass and save my "$".

Just my $0.02.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I used to use them on both my wifes and my bb's. They work fine on them as well as wii remotes... I'm planing on getting one for the droid as soon as I have time to pick some out. btw, you can find big discounts for these online.. They do peel eventually, but its usually just about the time your getting tied of the skin.. good time to replace. My bb didn't have one scratch on it after two years and I was hard on it.... Hell, they are like seven bucks and when you remove them, there is no sticky goo.
My kids both use them on their nintendo ds's. they have had the same sticker on them for two years and it has not peeled up at all..

Last edited:

Firegirl

Jan 6, 2010
www.geekgods.net
I have a DecalGirl skin on my phone and it looks pretty good. Trick to it is to get the clear plastic case from Verizon and put it over the top of the skin. Some people don't like the bulk the plastic case adds, but I'd rather have my phone protected as much as possible. Can still see the skin perfectly. And DecalGirl was cheaper than anyone else out there. My only gripe is you really have to put it on perfectly. The back pieces are super easy, it's lining up the front that's a pain. Have to put it on perfectly to get the holes for the sensors/notification light lined up. This is my first one and the front is crooked and it pisses me off everytime i look at it! Also, I would recommend putting a new screen protector on at the time you install the skin. I used the one that was already on there, but didn't like the position and tried to move it and got a lot of lint stuck under it now. Good skins, but you really have to be careful how you install them...

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't see anything WRONG with skins, but just a personal opinion of mine that it takes away from the unique sexiness of the Droid to begin with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariekecalvin