Droid Sound?

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Whats up android community? I obviously have a thunderbolt, but the wide selection of droid boot animations has been growing on me. I decided to get the Droid X boot animation from here. Droid X Boot Animation (w/ DROID sound) - xda-developers.
Even though the guide says how to install it a droid incredible the boot animation works fine on the thunderbolt. The problem is I can't get the droid sound to work with it. I put it in system/media, and data/local using root explorer, and I had no luck. It just won't play. Any suggestions?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I put mine in the system/media/audio/notifications folder... then change the permission to rw-r--r--

Then reboot. But I personally only use the notification sound... nothing else.

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I put mine in the system/media/audio/notifications folder... then change the permission to rw-r--r--

Then reboot. But I personally only use the notification sound... nothing else.
Still not working. I get a lot of emails and texts on this phone, so hearing that every time i get a notification won't really work for me. I just really want it as a boot sound.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well... looking at the XDA post... it looks like they put the mp3 file in the local/data folder, and called it android_audio.mp3... did you try that???

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Well... looking at the XDA post... it looks like they put the mp3 file in the local/data folder, and called it android_audio.mp3... did you try that???
Yeah i did. It won't play.It doesn't really matter, but I'm trying to make my phone a droid look-alike, so hopefully I can get the boot sound working.

Last edited:

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Whats up android community? I obviously have a thunderbolt, but the wide selection of droid boot animations has been growing on me. I decided to get the Droid X boot animation from here. Droid X Boot Animation (w/ DROID sound) - xda-developers.
Even though the guide says how to install it a droid incredible the boot animation works fine on the thunderbolt. The problem is I can't get the droid sound to work with it. I put it in system/media, and data/local using root explorer, and I had no luck. It just won't play. Any suggestions?

It may be a difference between the TB and Incredible, just because the boot animation work doesn't mean the audio file function the same way..

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Make sure its named right also. I believe the file it looks for is called FinalThunder.mp3 or something of that nature. Just because its put in the right location, doesnt mean its the right name :D

AndroidGod

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Make sure its named right also. I believe the file it looks for is called FinalThunder.mp3 or something of that nature. Just because its put in the right location, doesnt mean its the right name :D
The strangest thing just happened. I did what you said, and as soon as it tried to reboot the gingerbread screen-off animation played. I pressed the power button and the screen turned back on, but the droid eye was frozen on the screen. I did a battery pull and it booted like normal again, but still with no sound. Doesn't really matter anymore though.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
well try this..Open your root explorer or EStrongs or whatever you use and navigate to

System/customize/CID/Default.xml...Open that file with the text editor and scroll down to where you see

</BootConfiguration>
<BootAnimation animation="/system"/
media/bootanimation.zip" audio="system
media/Verizon_Thunderbolt_3sec.mp3

I do apologize about the naming, I guess its named Verizon_Thunderbolt_3sec.mp3..well on BAMF Forever anyway..but where it is located and the proper name should be there..Hope this works!