Droid Turbo 2 weak 4g LTE signal

jasonmhanes

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
So I am noticing that my cell signal for 4g LTE has been weak. When I look at my chart my network signal is around 11% usage and in the yellow and orange all day.

When I look over at my wife's s6 she has good 4 g LTE signal and I am working on 3G.

Is there anything I can do ? My phone is currently set on "global"

frankemtp

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The recommended setting is LTE/CDMA. I have used this setting and it does work. If you travel internationally you may want to set to Global.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Global will make no difference if you have CDMA signal. It only makes a difference when the CDMA/LTE signal is too weak to hold; global has it look for a GSM signal instead, which is no help in the US. But switching won't make the CDMA/LTE signal any better. You can try switching but my guess is that it makes no difference. (It won't hurt to try.)

Do you have a case on the phone? If you do, does removing the case make the signal better?

jasonmhanes

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I do not travel so that is not an issue....think the area I live in is somewhat rural so I don't have the greatest of signal most of the time

Is there any performance issue I have to worry about by switching it to LTE from global ?

jasonmhanes

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
I also read on an old post to enable data roaming ? I'm not exactly sure what that means but if any can chime in on that I would appreciate it !

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I also read on an old post to enable data roaming ? I'm not exactly sure what that means but if any can chime in on that I would appreciate it !

That only matters if you are traveling outside a Verizon area, or an area where Verizon has a free roaming agreement with another carrier (i.e., the us).

If the turbo 2 is newer than 14 days, consider exchanging it for whichever phone your wife has. A phone setting is not going to make the antenna any better.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I do not travel so that is not an issue....think the area I live in is somewhat rural so I don't have the greatest of signal most of the time

Is there any performance issue I have to worry about by switching it to LTE from global ?
No, it's exactly the same. But, try it just to see if it's better (It may give better battery life.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VirginiaMaeHandy