DROID ULTRA: SU2-3.3 Update

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Per David Schuster of Motorola: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DavidSchuster/posts/Dfpjj3F2K6T

There have been a number of people asking about the status of the next DROID Ultra/MAXX and Mini KitKat upgrade. This week we started to roll out a maintenance release to address a rare network connectivity issue. Details can be found in the release notes.

With respect to the next KitKat upgrade, as I have stated before we had some unfortunate requirement changes that had delayed the deployment of the 4.4.2 upgrade. We are working on getting you the latest version of KitKat as quickly as we can. I am constrained in what I can currently say about timing but as soon as I can, I will let you guys know more. 

Here's the SU2-3.3 update: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/99265

Enhanced security and restyled Status Bar: Added enhancements including improved security and restyled Status Bar.
Fixed Canada roaming issue: Fixed a rare issue which could lead to connectivity problems while switching from a Canadian UMTS network back to a Verizon CDMA/LTE network.
Fixed Microsoft Exchange SD card Encryption issue: Fixed a bug that caused issues while configuring a Microsoft Exchange account because of an encrypted SD card requirement (Ultra, Mini and Maxx do not support an SD card).

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Got the update. White status bar looks good. Better than I expected. Also seems to be a little quicker. Will report back about battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I really like this small update. As already said, battery is even better and I really like the white status bar.
One thing I appreciate most about my Ultra is the nice battery life. Even though it doesn't have the big battery of the Maxx, it still gets the best battery life of any smartphone I've owned. I never have to worry about it during the day - lasts all day no matter how much I use it. I always make it to bedtime with plenty to spare. Seems even better after this update.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I agree. I've never had a phone with such good battery life.

Posted via Android Central App

Battery life is probably getting a slight boost from not having to render the status icons in blue all the time anymore.

https://plus.google.com/+DanSandler/posts/NQ1CEhyKMah

3. B—BUT MY BLINKENLIGHTS?! So this (the removal of the little in/out data traffic arrows from the RSSI) was mostly a performance consideration, believe it or not. The way the data bits are bubbled up and drawn was not only causing a ton of extra rendering work, but actually forcing a layout (!) in the status bar as well. We could have more aggressively cached the bitmaps (rather than creating new BitmapDrawables from resource IDs every time, which was causing the relayout) but that would still have left all the drawing—multiple times per second in some cases—sucking away precious CPU and GPU from your game or Launcher animations or whatever. In the end it seemed like a lot of work (and battery) for what was effectively visual noise, so this too was booted to Quick Settings where it would be available for us nerds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej