Droid X "Beast" What you do for Work and Love for your X?

DieselBB

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Loving my Droid X, I have had it since day one. (I am a project manager for a constrution company with a passion for technology) It has not failed me yet. What I love best is the quickness with multi-tasking. Oh yea Widgets love the Widgets. LPP Calendar/Agenda widget saves me everyday.

Diesel Droid X via Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter @droiddessert

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I deal with large graphic files. I am able to send, receive, and proof via ftp. Saves me trips back to the office. Very reliable phone, has not let me down yet!

jerseyboy357

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am a Security manager and I love my X because it's bigger so it fits in my hand better, it can do ANYTHING I ask of it, its highly customizable and battery life with the right extended battery(Seido, GorillaGadgets) makes my X the sweet of the sweet. I do miss my Dinc I admit but this is top notch cellphone technology. And Liberty rocks. I could go on and on.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
National Tech Support and I work on mailing machines and I love my DX.
I love having a calendar Widget (CalWidget) so I can just look and see what I have planned.
I love having a full webkit browser since I fly around here and there and I need something to do at the airport.
I love the camera so it's one less thing to pack.
I love the screen to watch movies.
I love the phone and Android OS

I hate the battery life. But looking to get one the the 3500mah batteries.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
This is going to sound silly compared to some of you guys, but the best use of my X is simply its ability to remember what my gf told me to do on any given day. I am an extremely forgetful person.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
This is going to sound silly compared to some of you guys, but the best use of my X is simply its ability to remember what my gf told me to do on any given day. I am an extremely forgetful person.

I am with you on that. I forget a lot of things as well. I love having a check list of things to do that day.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the Retail/wholesale auto parts business for Napa Auto Parts, and honestly I don't use my phone much for work. But I'm a computer/tech person at heart. This phone is amazing and lots of fun to use. I'm a former BB Storm2 user, and it does handle email and SMS well. I do email some other coworkers and bosses from time to time, and I like how well Gmail works on it. And the camera is awesome, I do snap pictures of products to be showcased on our local facebook page.

If I ever get a job in the computer industry, it will be interesting to see how my usage changes.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I am a pharmacy student. I use my X all the time for school. It makes it easy to keep track of assignments and tests. I also use a flash card app so I don't have to have stacks and stacks of flash cards all over my house. There are even some nice pharmacy-related apps (like Pharmacist Letter). I love the X because of the customization.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I do more then one type of job title,depending on where needed in shop.
But my phone is not used for work related stuff at all,just personal use :)

sent using TaPaTaLk

Bombinadam1403

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I work at Best Buy, so I use my phone for just about everything... I just got my Droid a few weeks ago so I'm still learning everything. I'm mainly using it for SMS and the camera for my personal use.
But I do have the Best Buy App and several other apps that I use for work related things.

I also do a lot with medical stuff so I have some medical apps on there too that help me out.

I am interested in doing more when the time comes though!

MurrVox

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I do voiceovers for radio and television and produce radio commercials. My X keeps me organized and helps save my bacon! Recently was going to see a client and a talent had fogotten to send me her voiceover for a commercial (for said client). So I had the talent e mail her voiceover to me and, while my wife drove, I produced the commercial on my laptop and uploaded to the client with my wireless tether (@70mph!)...I love my Droid X <sigh>...and I ABSOLUTELY told the client (X owner), who was quite impressed!

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
CNC machine programmer/tool & die maker. I use my phone alot at work but mainly for text and email. The X is honestly the best device I've ever had. I came from BB storm2. What a POS. Android has me locked down for a long time. Not to mention I found a CAD app as well. AndCAD. Its decent for a mobile app but nothing compared to a full scale cad/cam program. Gmail and calender sync is extremely nice. Its always nice to know what's in store for my week ahead

DXmeatclaws via talkatap

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I deal with large graphic files. I am able to send, receive, and proof via ftp. Saves me trips back to the office. Very reliable phone, has not let me down yet!

Ricky B- I deal in small-time graphics & photography (own biz). What is "ftp" for checking proofs? Sounds terrific...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
FTP is File Transfer Protocol and you can upload to your server using FTP. Much easier then sending emails.

With FTP, you upload or downlaod to/from a server anything and allows anyone with access or to the public to check it out or edit files if needed.

I like using AndFTP, works well and easy to setup. One thing I love most about it is that the device file browser is quick to load up and uploading/downloading is easy especially with multiple files.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm an administrator in education, husband, and father. My Droid keeps me connected to my wife, friends, and co-workers. The PIM functions keep me organized and I like all of the multimedia options. I don't have a Droid X, but my Droid 2 Global makes my life easier and more enjoyable.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ricky B- I deal in small-time graphics & photography (own biz). What is "ftp" for checking proofs? Sounds terrific...

I too own my own business (Print Broker). I use "AndFTP" (in the market) to upload proofs for my customers to their FTP sites. I also deal with various vendors and they upload proofs to my website for me to review and proof. Generally they are anywhere in size from 10MB - 250MB. I used to do this on my laptop, but always had to search for a wifi hotspot (PITA) or return to my office. Since I am on the road 90% of the time it was a hassle. Since I got the X, it has made my life a lot easier, less stressful, and I have happy customers since they receive proofs quickly.
:)

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Ricky B and Dwayne W

Plz excuse my ignorance on this. Checked out the AndFTP app and did some research on the process. Is it necessary to have a website on each end of the file transfer? Or can files be dl to computer or X, at will?

Am wondering if I send photo files (80-100 mb) to a client, can that person just dl it as if it were an email? Or do they also need an FTP app/program to retrieve them?

Also, can more than one file be sent at a time? I noticed a complaint in the comments about not being able to batch files. Thanks for your insight. This looks like it could work well for my situation.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm in law enforcement and use it mainly for emails, texting, etc. But have found the mapping software very useful, especially at night. Have had people run from me and makes it very easy to pull up the satellite view of the area to advise other officers where they need to set up containment and what not. Don't use it for anything 'work related' though as I would be sad to have to hand it over to an atty after getting it subpoenaed in court for some reason lol

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ricky B and Dwayne W

Plz excuse my ignorance on this. Checked out the AndFTP app and did some research on the process. Is it necessary to have a website on each end of the file transfer? Or can files be dl to computer or X, at will?

Am wondering if I send photo files (80-100 mb) to a client, can that person just dl it as if it were an email? Or do they also need an FTP app/program to retrieve them?

Also, can more than one file be sent at a time? I noticed a complaint in the comments about not being able to batch files. Thanks for your insight. This looks like it could work well for my situation.

Arlunde - Yes, I do have my own website, and have set up FTP. It is not necessary for the other party to have a website, they can download from a browser as well. It is always easier to use an FTP program, but a browser can be used. Instead of the URL looking like this (http://mywebsite.com) it would be (FTP://mywebsite.com). You would provide a user name and password for them to access the folder. Also, you can send multiple files.
If you do not have a website there is a website that gives you the ability to send files up to 100MB for free. It is called "You send it".

Edit: "Or can files be dl to computer or X, at will?"
Yes, to your X or CP.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mt20apps