Droid X2 Newbie

Randys Droid x2

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
New to the X2 - I have a problem hearing the thing when it rings. I have the volume all the way up. Is there a way to increase the MASTER volume?

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just double checked in my Settings --> Sound --> Volume menu and I have nothing like that. As far as I know, all volume controls are independent, with the exception that you can tie Notification volume to Ringtone volume. Maybe double check in this menu that your Ringtone volume is all the way up if you haven't already. I'm not saying you didn't turn it all the way up using the side buttons, but, even if you did, can't hurt to double check this menu is displaying it as such.

And, when you say you are having a problem hearing it, do you mean it's just not that loud when you are listening to music in your car, or, when it's really quiet in whatever room you are in. Because if the volume is all the way up and you can't hear it in a quiet room, there is definitely something going on, haha.

Have you tried using another ringtone to make sure it's not just that specific ringtone that is the problem? Are any of the other volume functions of the phone giving you issues? What about music? Or anything that is considered a Notification? If your Notifications are low, go into Settings --> Sound --> Volume and decheck Use incoming call volume for notifications and then set the notification volume all the way up. Then send yourself an email to see if the notification volume is audible.

If that doesn't work, I dunno what I'd do. Depending on how much you have done with the phone and what you'd lose, you could always factory reset. Have you installed any apps? If so, could be an app conflicting. Or were you having issues with the volume right from the start? If you didn't experience the issue until after you had installed apps, I'd suggest uninstalling them all (depending on how many you've installed) and see if the volume issue is fixed. If it does, you can reinstall apps one at a time to see what app is the problem.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This phone isn't that loud compared to some others.....I changed the volume on my ringtone (custom ringtone) which made it louder but im also using just a simple beeping sound for my ringtone

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I keep my phone at 50% volume, and, it's plenty audible. I don't get many missed calls. But, then again, my phone is rarely more than a couple of feet from me. I don't like to be without it, hehe.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
When its in your pocket its bad cuz the speaker is on the back so it gets really muffled in jeans..just what I've noticed

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
This is true. I tested this driving home from work yesterday. The volume is quite muffled when it was laying on my passenger seat. It's still audbile, but, if you had music on I could see this easily being not heard (unless you use your phone in an AUX port in your car to play music, then it'd interrupt it, which is what I do, so, not an issue). I put my phone in a cup holder in the center console in my car though. It's usually on my desk at home or at work as well. I guess it's not in my pocket all that often because I love it so much and I'm always using it. Hahaha.

garyhavener

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
On my droid x2, I have a separate volume control for ringtone, media, and alarm. To get there hit menu>settings>sound>volume and you should see the controls. My phone rings really loud and it is only at about 75% volume.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You also have a separate volume control for notifications. It is normally latched on to your ringtone volume, but, if you deselect the check box, you can change it separately.

Additionally, you don't need to go into this menu to change the ringtone volume. You can do so when on your main launcher screen by using the side volume buttons. Or if you are in an app controlled by media volume (media player, game, etc.) you can just use the side volume buttons to adjust the media volume.

The reason we were discussing the volume being low was because when you have the phone set down screen face up, or, in your pocket, the volume can become muffled. The speaker is in the back and can easily be obstructed. Especially if nestled in fabric, or, on a car seat or something.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have not found this to be the case at all. My phones volume can be quite loud at times, too loud, and I'll need to turn it down.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Haha, well, is that really fair? I mean, you are using loud tools. Have you tried using vibrate in conjunction?

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I have it do both....but its also not like an impact wrench or something.....just orbital sanders and .....not very loud

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
So you can't hear or feel it? That sucks. Sometimes I'll miss it in my car if I have the radio on, but, I only keep my volume at about half. I will say the vibration is kinda lame and could use a boost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
debbiewoodphillips