Droid Z Wifi toggling always to "off", not detecting networks even when toggling on?

elundin

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,
Since updating to NCLS25.86-11-4, my wifi automatically toggles to "off" whenever I leave the wifi settings menu. When I'm in the menu and manually toggle the wifi to "on", it never detects any networks, either at home or in public. I've rebooted and hard reset the phone a number of times and also reset all network connections. Pretty much the only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset, which I'm trying to avoid. Any thoughts?

Saswato Gupta

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,
Since updating to NCLS25.86-11-4, my wifi automatically toggles to "off" whenever I leave the wifi settings menu. When I'm in the menu and manually toggle the wifi to "on", it never detects any networks, either at home or in public. I've rebooted and hard reset the phone a number of times and also reset all network connections. Pretty much the only thing I haven't tried is a factory reset, which I'm trying to avoid. Any thoughts?

I've had the exact same problem. I factory reset my phone and it started working again but once I rebooted my phone it stopped. I reset my phone again but this time it didn't do the trick. I was thinking about taking it to a Moto service center but today it fixed itself on its own. Such a weird experience.

elundin

Jan 10, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hard reset means factory reset, so I'm guessing that you mean you did a power off, then power back on, correct?

What about a system cache partition wipe? https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/111879/p/30,6720,9834

Thanks! I've actually done both (reboot and full factory reset), just tried the cache wipe (though since it's been less than 24hrs since my factory reset, there wasn't much to wipe :p), still no luck.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a glitch from the update. Talk to Verizon and/or Motorola about it. See if Verizon is willing to replace your phone, since you can make an argument that the problems are likely due to the update.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Try reseting network and clearing cache. I was having a handful of issues with new phone that I installed nougat immediately and factory reset. Doing both of these seem to have fixed most issues. Will know better this weekend. Last issue I am hoping is fixed is my DND was not turning off when it was set to.