Droidx camera problems

elawr

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello<

I have a Motorola Droid X, not rooted. Several days ago the device crashed for no apparent reason. On reboot, I got something I'd never seen before: a screen with error message, something to the effect of :"battery okay attach USB to PC for boot-loader" or something like that. It finally booted normally after connecting to USB port for charging. However, the camera now turns itself on, stops whatever app I'm in, and begins snapping photos, one every second or so...all day and all night. over 1000 pics on SD card just yesterday. I pull up any other app, Neflix, dialer etc., all I get is a second or two, then click...click...click... I cannot even give you the build on the OS, the camera opens itself faster than I can pull it up. In short, the device is now rendered useless for anything except taking time-delay movies of the entire day and night. I cannot even dial a number before camera opens up. I can't make it stop...reboot: nothing. factory reset...nothing. Please...somebody....help me... MAKE IT STOP!!! Naturally of course, as usual, the warranty is long expired.

Devinator

S&#363;p&#257; Saiya-jin F&#333;
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a hardware issue if a factory reset isn't fixing it. Do you have insurance on the phone? Might be time to cash that in. If not, hopefully you have an upgrade.

Devinator

S&#363;p&#257; Saiya-jin F&#333;
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What, one more claim on insurance?

If you can get a more up to date phone with the insurance, I'd go with that. If not, when are you due for an upgrade? If no time soon, you might want to look into used phones. See what prices you can find, and, compare that to what you'd get through insurance, then compare the cost of each.

Or, if money is not an issue, buy a phone without a subsidy. Whatever you do though, it seems like you need a new phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord