Dual-Core processors??

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards a HTC Thunderbolt to replace my iPHone.

What is the significance of the dual-core processor, and will the TB have it?

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
No it won't. And at this point there is no advantage to having dual core. It's nice to have but the OS does not offer any advantages. The ton of Ram the TB offers will make it lightning quick

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I am leaning towards a HTC Thunderbolt to replace my iPHone.

What is the significance of the dual-core processor, and will the TB have it?

No, the TB does not have a dual core processor. However, Android is not optimized for dual cores until 2.4, which is a ways off. That being said, the TB will be a solid phone for awhile.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
No the tb won't have a dualcore processor but at this point I would take great software over a dualcore processor and the review of the Optimus 2x proves that to me. How much will dualcore help depends on what your doing regular usage little to none video recording and gaming quite a bit

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The tegra 2 platform will be great for gaming vs the TBolt but otherwise nothing much else.

Yes and no... Only if the game supports duel core, if not it will only utilize one core. Its the same as with intel's hyper-threading if the application can leverage that type of parallel processing then there is no use in having hardware that has it.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
+1 to what Paul and Nitros have said. Android only fully supports multi-core processing with Honeycomb, which as it stands right now is only on Tablets. The application would also have to be written to take advantage of multiple cores as well, like Nitros said.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
+1 to what Paul and Nitros have said. Android only fully supports multi-core processing with Honeycomb, which as it stands right now is only on Tablets. The application would also have to be written to take advantage of multiple cores as well, like Nitros said.

I love pointing this fact out to all the hardcore gamers that buy intel chips and scream at me about there hyper-threaded hex-cores... good luck with that my 3.5ghz quad blows that thing out of the watter cus a single core only runs at 2.9 stock.

Nitros7

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
We're all a little on edge with the TB coming!

I am talking about the Ipwn fan bois and all the people trying to make us feel bad for wanting a phone that doesn't have a dual core processor... like the dual core is going to make may phone grant me 3 wishes... i mean come on its not an EVO.

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll probably want a duel core phone in a few years when HTC comes out with one. I don't see much advantage getting one now.

However, of the Bionic was also released next week, I may rethink that.

The iPhone has a great browser and good app selection. But I don't like how it handles notifications or customizations. My parents have one and it's great for them because it's easy to use.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honem224