Dust under screen?? And other lame worries...

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I love my Optimus V. However, there's an annoying amount of dust under the screen and it's scratched a bit as well.
Asking the V Community here for some feedback, should I take off the screen for cleaning or replacement? Worth the risk? How easy/risky is it?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I have crumbs under my screen near the bottom.

I was suggested to use Compressed Air. Never tried it though. Doesn't bother me much.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
No protector. I have a silicon case, but apparently dust got in under the screen and it's driving me bonkers. The screen is scratched a bit so I was thinking of buying a cheap replacement and putting it on myself... but I'm not too electronic construction savvy... I don't know how hard something like that might be, or how risky it is. So that's why I posted my issue here.
Also, how would compressed air work? Did some research, couldn't find a match...

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you could probably do it, just have to glue the screen back, probably.

Compressed air is cheap and easy, so I'd try that first. I can fix things if I really sit down and focus, but I'm lazy so I like quick fixes like compressed air.

Any electronics or department store with an electronics section should carry a spray can for like $3.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I looked, couldn't find, how do I fix this with compressed air?

if the dust is on the backside of screen face and not somehow become trapped between the face and the peel away touch sensory film (nightmare taking that off and putting it back without completely screwing the phone up) you can easily hit the back with a few shots of air to remove the particles. you can lift the face starting at the ear speaker panel and working slowly around the edge until it lifts off...the glue will resist a bit but will release. usually sticks back also when done. be careful when lifting face plate. the touch panel that is attached to it is wired to the right of the ear speaker opening just underneath. it rips easily. best way is to lift from bottom at button panel and lift it up slowly wirhout trying to pull it off. just lift enough to hit bottom of plate with a little air then reattach. youll know if the touch film is lifting off the face plate,itll look foggy at edges and will become worse as it pulls away from face plate.

Reactions: Encerspay45

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hmmmm. Helpful, indeed, for the procedure, thanks, but it sounds like an ordeal for me to do.... I can't even put on a screen protector right.... :embarrassed:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61