Early Impressions

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So I took the plunge and got the red Ultra. Unfortunately when I got it the battery was at 8% so I had to let it charge, but I couldn't keep my hands off it and had to play for a bit. So after an hour here are my early impressions.

This thing is smooth. Beyond buttery smooth. There's nothing resembling lag coming anywhere near this bad boy.
Beautiful screen. I don't care if its 720p, 1080p, or LMNOp. This is a very nice display. Granted its not as nice as the HTC One, but other than that one i'd put it up against any screen I've seen.
Suprisingly good speaker. I played a few songs and it was very clear and quite loud. I actually jumped a bit when i got my first text and had to lower the volume.
Excellent call quality. Its moto so that's pretty much a given.
Much better feel in my hand then what reviewers have been giving it credit for. Now I'm coming from a Bionic so that might have something to do with it, but I love the way it feels in my hand.
I haven't tried the camera yet, but I'll take some pics and see how that goes.
Did I mention its incredibly smooth?

Can't wait to take this thing out for a much better and longer spin. So far I'm glad I took the plunge.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So I took the plunge and got the red Ultra. Unfortunately when I got it the battery was at 8% so I had to let it charge, but I couldn't keep my hands off it and had to play for a bit. So after an hour here are my early impressions.

This thing is smooth. Beyond buttery smooth. There's nothing resembling lag coming anywhere near this bad boy.
Beautiful screen. I don't care if its 720p, 1080p, or LMNOp. This is a very nice display. Granted its not as nice as the HTC One, but other than that one i'd put it up against any screen I've seen.
Suprisingly good speaker. I played a few songs and it was very clear and quite loud. I actually jumped a bit when i got my first text and had to lower the volume.
Excellent call quality. Its moto so that's pretty much a given.
Much better feel in my hand then what reviewers have been giving it credit for. Now I'm coming from a Bionic so that might have something to do with it, but I love the way it feels in my hand.
I haven't tried the camera yet, but I'll take some pics and see how that goes.
Did I mention its incredibly smooth?

Can't wait to take this thing out for a much better and longer spin. So far I'm glad I took the plunge.

Cool. Would be nice to see some pics soon.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm pleasantly surprised with how nice the audio is.

Still setting it up the way I use my normal devices, but so far it seems to be a nice device.

Screen looks good even with the lower resolution, and like the OP said, I've yet to use the camera myself.

I do like the Touchless Control. Very nice.

Posted via Android Central App

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

This is my biggest concern. I'm coming from a DNA and trying to decide between one of the new Droids, the One or the X (or even the G2). I like the idea of having a mostly pure Android experience because I'm thinking I won't have the lag. But I've been waiting for the One for months now, and thought it would be my next phone. Then again, the Moto X has a nice form factor. Decisions!!

Honestabebread

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm so excited for mine. Ordered the 100 dollar employee edition. However, customer demand is so high that the employee edition is postponed. But they're making the phone free so it's worth it.

Glad to see all the positive customer feedback though.

Posted via Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
OP - When you receive texts/emails is your LED notification working?

There's no LED, buy the active display notifications keep breathing until you check or dismiss them. I let them go for about two hours and they were still breathing

Posted from my brand new, super slim, gorgeous red Droid Ultra

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I took it for a bit more of a spin this weekend and I'm still impressed. I can't get this phone to lag no matter how much I try. Got some really good battery life. I meant to take a screenshot but I plugged it in before I thought to. When I plugged it in it had 9% left with just over 14 hours of use. Just over 4 hours of screen on time which included about 45 minutes playing ingress(which also uses gps) 45 minutes playing other games, about half an hour streaming video over wifi and half an hour streaming video over 4g. Lots of texting and about 2 hours of phone calls. Haven't tried the camera much yet but I will take some photos soon and post them. My only complaint is that the auto brightness didn't adjust well in direct sunlight. If I manually turn the brightness all the way up, I could see the screen fine in direct sunlight, but if I left it on auto brightness I could barely see it. Still loving the phone.