Earpiece grill "protruding" compared to speaker grill?

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Not a huge issue but I wanted to check if this was by design or a minor defect. My speaker grill (bottom) sticks out only slightly (probably 1mm) while the earpiece (top) sticks out about 1.5-2mm. Is this "normal?"

BluBrett

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Earpiece grill "protruding" compared to speaker grill?

My earpiece grille sticks out a tad more, but it's not something I would have noticed if I didn't see this thread. It isn't noticeable unless I turn the phone on it's side and compare.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

One of the first things I noticed on my new Moto X was the ear accent piece did stick out a bit further than the speaker grill accent piece. Two days after I got the phone and before I could figure out if it bothered me the ear accent piece fell out, and while I did try to push it back in, it just was not going to happen. I called Motorola Support and they sent me a pin to order a new phone from MotoMaker and I sent the old one back. The new Moto X ear and speaker accent pieces are sticking out the same distance.

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

One of the first things I noticed on my new Moto X was the ear accent piece did stick out a bit further than the speaker grill accent piece. Two days after I got the phone and before I could figure out if it bothered me the ear accent piece fell out, and while I did try to push it back in, it just was not going to happen. I called Motorola Support and they sent me a pin to order a new phone from MotoMaker and I sent the old one back. The new Moto X ear and speaker accent pieces are sticking out the same distance.

Well that's a little concerning.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

Well that's a little concerning.

I wouldn't panic until there is reason to. Just because it happened to one Moto X doesn't mean it's endemic to all that have a different degree of protrusion. You have a year warranty. If it doesn't pop out within that time, I think you're fine.

Posted via the Android Central App