• Welcome to the all-new Android Central Forums! - We're still moving some things around, so you may see a few quirks here and there, but we're working on getting things fully completed as soon as possible. For now, take a look around, and if you run into any major issues, please let us know in this thread!

Easiest way to backup current phone and transfer it to EVO LTE.

mikehoff99

Nov 23, 2010
What does everyone think is the easiest way to do a transfer of all the information to the new EVO LTE?
I have the Samsung Epic Touch now and i cant wait to get my new phone up and rocking!
I think it will help if people give options for...
Is it rooted...
Is it stock....
Transfer from "manufacturer" to EVO LTE....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Re: Easiest way to backup current phone and transfer it to EVO LT

im planning on making a backup via "mybackup" by rerware.

then eventually rooting and restoring said apps/data/etc to the phone.

it would be nice if sense/htc could manually do this via cloud, but i guess thats a little too much to ask.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010

What does everyone think is the easiest way to do a transfer of all the information to the new EVO LTE?
I have the Samsung Epic Touch now and i cant wait to get my new phone up and rocking!
I think it will help if people give options for...
Is it rooted...
Is it stock....
Transfer from "manufacturer" to EVO LTE....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

If you saved your contacts/calender to GMail or Exchange they will be there when you sign in.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011

but obviously phone numbers and google settings/related logins should be good from the box.

andybock

May 16, 2012

I keep having trouble with syncing my contacts. It doesn't seem to wana sync to my gmail.

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010

I use Google for my contacts and calendar, so all of that is seamless. I don't mind re-installing apps one at a time. It'll give me a chance to get rid of ones I don't really use. Pictures, etc. are stored on the SD card so no problems there, though I'll probably make a backup on my PC and start fresh with those too.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012

Yep, go in your contacts, menu, import/export

ffejjj

May 14, 2012

Well for me i never like setting up my phone the same way.

Its a new phone so i reorganize it with new apps in new spots. lol Takes a few days to get use to but i want a whole new feel. jmo

andybock

May 16, 2012
Well for me i never like setting up my phone the same way.

Its a new phone so i reorganize it with new apps in new spots. lol Takes a few days to get use to but i want a whole new feel. jmo

I want mine to also look a little different, but anything will be great since it takes 30 seconds to open my texts, and another thirty to send. I need to keep telling myself to delete texts so this dosent happen again.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010

I keep having trouble with syncing my contacts. It doesn't seem to wana sync to my gmail.

When you save a contact you have a few options. You have to choose "google" and not "phone".

You can export then to you SD card, then import them into Google or Outlook.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
I'm not worried about contacts and calendar and stuff as Gmail already syncs those things automatically.
I'm worried about more important things like my progress on Angry Birds. I worked hard for all those stars and eggs!
I'm thinking TiBu apps from my old phone, root my EVO, install TiBu, then restore data as I reinstall apps.
If there's an easier or more efficient way I'd like to know.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Google makes the transfer easy for me. Contacts, calendar, Google drive, Google music.....I'm good, and I got my pictures on my SD card, so I will pop that in the new EVO and sync everything Google related.

Should've been sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012

I use MyBackup Pro it has saved me countless Hours doing full resets with the Evo do to Memory leakage.

mcary1088

Sep 19, 2012
my HTC EVO LTE doesn't have a SD card so I can not use the import/export function... when I do it says no SD card present.
How can I transfer the contacts to my computer? I tried just connecting it with a cable and searching for the contacts but I can not find all of them, only about half.