EB01 Q&A and Observations Thread

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
So, looking for some APK's and mods if anyone has them that are successfully working with EB 01. Mainly I got spoiled on DL30 with the Sammy KB so if anyone found a working copy for EB01 please let me know. The copy i found from Adrylynes SuperClean post keeps forceclosing and won't open. :)

Also, looking for the AOSP lock screen. The few links i found where with flashing through CW still bring up the puzzle glass.

Your help is greatly thanked

Steve

Last edited:

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks,
but that is just a list of the roms kernals and themes. I am just looking for two zips and was wondering if they were modified and released yet to public domain to work with Eb01. I know they were working with DL30 because i used them and loved it.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having this problem with EB01?

I am having a lot of issues with my contacts, they are all there however I cant scroll, it just keeps taking me to the top and the pictures are flashing on and off. Any one have this issue?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having a lot of issues with my contacts, they are all there however I cant scroll, it just keeps taking me to the top and the pictures are flashing on and off. Any one have this issue?

Had this when I first got the contact imported, but now they are working fine.
Have you rebooted yet? Sometimes a simple reboot can help.

sjenkins1009

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
hmmm that is what i tried and cant seem to get it to work. i loaded it through clockwork and all it did was just kill my battery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yup...I sure am. Battery sucks on this froyo build too.

And wifi keeps shutting down for no reason.

Pretty fed up at this point.

Thanks Sammy and vzw. :(

NoHolidaysForAHooker

Jan 12, 2011
noholidaysforahooker.tumblr.com
EB01/general Froyo changes

I've noticed a couple problems/changes that I can't get any responses or answers to because the EB01 stickies are too busy with people who need help (not hating cuz I was there!).

1. I noticed that in the newest GMail there isn't pinch-to-zoom and I'm pretty sure I used to play with it a lot in DL09 GMail. *The actual GMail app from Google, not the Samsung/stock email app.

2. Long pressing the capacitive search button doesn't bring up voice search anymore.

* also post if you've noticed other things or if you have info

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
EB01

Just downloaded my EB01 today and it was my first change as I just rooted my fascinate a day ago. I have to say so far I am liking it a lot. I am running the full bloat ware one yes, personal perference, as I did try the super clean but I do like some of the apps I can get with verizon and a couple of the Samsung widgets. I don't know how to put what you want back on, still a noob. The only issue I have had on the EB01 was wifi. When I turn it on for most part nothing wants to load at all, even though I have almost full signal. I keep getting network error or its slower than 1g. I was wondering if anyone had this issue.

Also since I am a noob, what else can I do with this "official" release, can I put some kernels to make it quicker that I see people talk about, and can I put themes on this that i will keep my 7 homescreens with and not get switched to 5?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm merging a lot of these EB01 threads together. Only because I want to make sure everyone's questions are answered & we all have a consolidated place to look at all things EB01 related.

With that: Has anyone else been prompted to do a firmware update for the camera when they open it?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm merging a lot of these EB01 threads together. Only because I want to make sure everyone's questions are answered & we all have a consolidated place to look at all things EB01 related.

With that: Has anyone else been prompted to do a firmware update for the camera when they open it?

yes everyone should actually,,, maybe next time i will do this for everyone before creating the image

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Google voice does not seem to be working for me, that's about all.

Yup...I sure am. Battery sucks on this froyo build too.

And wifi keeps shutting down for no reason.

Pretty fed up at this point.

Thanks Sammy and vzw. :(

Both of you are having issues that I have not seen. I've used GV several times today without issues.

WiFi = it works fine also. However, maybe there's a bug we don't know about that relates to how your access point is configured. I only use Mac address filtering and hide by SSID.

Did you guys both start with a fresh install of DL09? Wipe/Hard Reset.

I've noticed a couple problems/changes that I can't get any responses or answers to because the EB01 stickies are too busy with people who need help (not hating cuz I was there!).

1. I noticed that in the newest GMail there isn't pinch-to-zoom and I'm pretty sure I used to play with it a lot in DL09 GMail. *The actual GMail app from Google, not the Samsung/stock email app.

2. Long pressing the capacitive search button doesn't bring up voice search anymore.

* also post if you've noticed other things or if you have info

Correct about pinch to zoom, and for number 2 it should be opening Bing Voice search.

The only issue I have had on the EB01 was wifi.

Same thing I said above.

It would be interesting to hear what combination of security settings you guys are using.

Reactions: DroidXcon

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure exactly what you mean by security for the wifi, however sure it isn't nothing special, I just know in wifi nothing really wants to work, it is very laggy and slow in everything.

Also the battery life is horrible, I just took it off the charger and read some of this post and wrote 3 text messages and from a full charge I am already at 87 percent.

dberry74

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I loaded the full version of EB01 and can no longer get my Exchange email and calender to sync. The account setup successfully validates the settings. However, there is no email or calendar entries displayed. It was setup with Wi-Fi off. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
FC

AAARRRGGHHH! Wouldn't you know it. Getting force close issues and my beautiful home widget is full on one screen and then a partial of that widget on another screen. Going to try doing another data/cache wipe and see if that does anything. It only happens when I use ADW EX. If that doesn't fix it I'm going to have to try flashing back to stock DL09 then going to EB01 :mad:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Use DI01 ..cleans deeper
AAARRRGGHHH! Wouldn't you know it. Getting force close issues and my beautiful home widget is full on one screen and then a partial of that widget on another screen. Going to try doing another data/cache wipe and see if that does anything. It only happens when I use ADW EX. If that doesn't fix it I'm going to have to try flashing back to stock DL09 then going to EB01 :mad:

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aosp Fables