Edge panel customization is gone?

romjae

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I just went to change my settings for the edge panels and noticed that the customization options are gone.

The option to change transparency, which side or the location of the tab on the screen all seem to be missing. Is this a nougat thing? Or is there something wrong with my edge?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, mine were still there until last week. Nougat update, T-Mobile version. Have you looked through all the settings? I also changed the settings on the S8 and they're still there, so don't see why they'd be gone on the S7E.

jamaica168

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Bring up the panel, click the settings button, then in top left corner of edge panel screen click the 3dot menu and then handle settings. It's been moved in nougat.

romjae

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Jamaica. I need to change the color settings on screen I guess because I had no idea there was even a button in that corner.

Virginia Smith42

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
on s8 Galaxy 11/29/19 software updates 11/19/19 At first Edge screen was automatically changing sides then I suddenly had NO edge screen and NO 3 dot menu anywhere on edge screen. OS PIE. After doing app updates (not system) when clearing cache, i found that biometrics app shuts down/fails. After going through Samsung Community, found a lot of similar issues after updates..but no solutions.
Please, any help out there.

Last edited: