Email client suggestion with notification schedules

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for a suggestion for a 3rd party email app to use on my phone (currently a Galaxy S23) for work. I need it to support a mailbox hosted on Office 365 with MFA, and I'm really looking for something that will support notification schedules. I have e-mails arrive throughout the night, but I don't want to hear my notifications go off while my family is sleeping. I also need to hear other notifications overnight, so I'm looking for a client that will allow me to specify hours to play a sound and hours to not notify me (or possibly to not automatically sync, though that's not a necessity).

Back in the day I paid the fee for the old TouchDown mail app, which I loved. It had these types of features, but after Symantec bought it they slowly killed it. I never have found a good replacement.

I currently use Nine, but it doesn't do great and it doesn't have the schedule option I need.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a suggestion for a 3rd party email app to use on my phone (currently a Galaxy S23) for work. I need it to support a mailbox hosted on Office 365 with MFA, and I'm really looking for something that will support notification schedules. I have e-mails arrive throughout the night, but I don't want to hear my notifications go off while my family is sleeping. I also need to hear other notifications overnight, so I'm looking for a client that will allow me to specify hours to play a sound and hours to not notify me (or possibly to not automatically sync, though that's not a necessity).

Back in the day I paid the fee for the old TouchDown mail app, which I loved. It had these types of features, but after Symantec bought it they slowly killed it. I never have found a good replacement.

I currently use Nine, but it doesn't do great and it doesn't have the schedule option I need.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Are these notifications that you want to hear from certain apps, or certain people?

I'll tell you what I do, and let me know if something like this is what you're talking about.

I use the phone's own Do Not Disturb feature. It turns on starting around 10 at night and goes off at 7 in the morning. On the weekends, it stays on until 9.

In it, you can set exceptions. My exceptions are media, like watching videos or listening to music, and favorite contacts like my wife, kids and my parents.

By setting favorite contacts, a text from my wife still sets off the notification sound even after the DND is on (sometimes I'm in my home office upstairs in my house, and she might be downstairs and needs something without having to yell). A phone call from my parents if there's an emergency in the middle of the night will still sound the ringer. But work emails will not sound at all. App notifications will not sound either. I'll see the on-screen notification, but it'll be silent.

I do allow my Ring Doorbell camera to let me know if someone's at the door, because no one should be at my front door in the middle of the night.

That's all using Do Not Disturb. Has nothing to do with the email app.

SirThale

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
It's more needing just this app to not notify me. I want all phone calls to come through since I'm technically on call, even if it's rarely used. All texts should come through for similar reasons. I limit other notifications on a normal basis (I tend to turn off notifications or at least make them only silent for most apps), so it's really a matter of making my work e-mail notifications audible for most of the day and silent at night.

Nine has a tendency to stop loading updates to my mailbox until I open the app, even with battery unrestricted. It's supposed to update e-mails immediately, not check on a schedule. While that also helps with notifications overnight, I need to change to something that won't forget to check for new e-mails.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
Late to the party but I use two Bixby Routines for this: One to turn on wi-fi when I arrive home and a second to keep the screen unlocked when my phone connects to my home wi-fi.

I also like to turn Bluetooth off when at home to avoid conflicting with using my tablet at home with the same Bluetooth devices but for that I use a Macrodroid macro as Bixby Routines are not as flexible - for example the macro is triggered whenever I disconnect one of the several Bluetooth devices I use but constrained to only turn Bluetooth off if no other devices are connected which I have to list as one constraint per device as I want it to ignore my Fitbit band being connected or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smmF14F2