Email, contacts, calendar issues and resolution

mannymendez25

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This post is an informative post detailing my initial issues and my resolution.

I received my note10+ and am setting it up. On my current note9, I use the Outlook app to view my emails (office 365 - work email and outlook/hotmail - personal email) and use the native Calendar app to view my calendars. I prefer the native calendar app over the Outlook app.

Firstly, I see that the Samsung email app is gone. I assume this has to do with the Microsoft collaboration and they want users to use the Outlook app for email. My problem is I cannot add my office 365 nor my outlook/hotmail accounts to the native calendar app. One downfall in using the Outlook app calendar is that the calendar events on my Office 365 business account does not show up on the Always On display. This is not good. I relied on that all the time.

Also, I see in the Outlook settings there is an option to sync contacts. When enabled, this will sync your office365 contacts to the native contacts app, however I dont see anything for syncing the calendar.

The default samsung calendar app is already installed, it just wont let me configure my Microsoft accounts. It forces you to use the outlook app.

Another major flaw. this one is a big problem for me. In Outlook desktop software i use subfolders for contacts. In my note9 i see all my contacts no matter what subfolder they are in, however on my note10+, using the sync option in the Outlook app, i only see my contacts that are in my primary contacts folder. this is bad, this is very bad!!!

Here is what I did to resolve my issue. I did a factory reset and did not do a restore/sync from my Note9. Went to Settings>accounts>Add accounts but adding a Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync account was not an option in the list. I visited the galaxy apps store and downloaded the Samsung Mail app and now the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync is now visible. Before the restore, the Samsung mail app wasn’t showing up in the Galaxy store. I added my accounts successfully and all my contacts and calendar events are viewable. I then proceeded to install the Outlook app and configure only for email sync.