Email Sync Period

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I am configuring email settings on my Galaxy S9+ and wanted to get some clarity on what these options actually do especially this "email sync period" option. My choices are: all time, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month. What is the difference between these and is there a best option? I grasp the concept of the amount of time but where I scratch my head is if for example I choose 1 day vs. 1 month, is each day that passes my email is syncing with my laptop and any other email servers? Had I choose 1 month will my phone's email wait a whole month to sync with my laptop?

I do use my email frequently from my laptop more than my phone so with that being said what will be the best option for me?

Also what does it mean when the email sync schedule is set to manual? And when will the sync occur? I currently have it set to 15min cquse I dislike a cluttered mailbox.

Last question (might as well get them all knocked out) I use a PC running windows 8.1 Pro and have my email set up using the mail app or Microsoft server. I'm not sure if that's the correct description but basically I'm not logging into email from a web browser in this case Yahoo for email activities I use the windows app version for email. So with that being said when I delete emails from here, sometimes they come back after deleting them, does this happen to anyone else and if so why and what can I do so that I don't do double work? I deleted about 100 emails right now and they all regenerated on some unstoppable dead monster type s**t! I thought it had something to do with the sync settings on my Galaxy hence the reason for my original question. Sorry for the long message fam.

Thanks for any and all help in advance!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I am configuring email settings on my Galaxy S9+ and wanted to get some clarity on what these options actually do especially this "email sync period" option. My choices are: all time, 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month. What is the difference between these and is there a best option? I grasp the concept of the amount of time but where I scratch my head is if for example I choose 1 day vs. 1 month, is each day that passes my email is syncing with my laptop and any other email servers? Had I choose 1 month will my phone's email wait a whole month to sync with my laptop?

I believe this is how far in the past email will be cached on the phone. If you set it to "1 month", the phone will only show 1 month's worth of email before having to load more form the server.

Also what does it mean when the email sync schedule is set to manual? And when will the sync occur? I currently have it set to 15min cquse I dislike a cluttered mailbox.

This setting really has nothing to do with a cluttered mailbox, it has more to do with battery usage. Set to 15 minutes, the phone will check for mail in 15 minute intervals. If you set it to manual, it will sync when you open your mail app.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2