emails coming in are already read...

jameyhowell73

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have this issue ? I set up a new Gmail (had Yahoo). I did the import and forward new email from yahoo to gmail (thought that would make things smoother). Things ARE working but I just checked my emails (had 10 new) but they were already marked as read when I hadn't read em yet.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Not exactly sure, but it kind of sounds like a setting. Is this happening on all imported mail from your yahoo, or isolated to just those few that you noticed?

jameyhowell73

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I only noticed it when I went to check gmail from my phone and there were 8 or 9 emails that were marked read. Then I went in on computer just to see if it was different, nope.

I cant find any setting about it so far but let me ask you... when I import email from yahoo to gmail... will gmail continue to monitor yahoo emails and keep importing ? I have set a auto responder from yahoo to let people know to please redirect to gmail email but I guess I thought it'd be easier was all.

Thanks for any help

jameyhowell73

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
OK thanks. I did see that article but I missed "does not work with yahoo unless you upgrade and pay a fee for it" part. Dumb yahoo. I will just deal with it and people will have to get my auto respond "please send to gmail account and delete yahoo." thanks Jared.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur