End of the line for the G5

Big06Daddy

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Today is my last day with the G5. It has actually been a great phone and I am going to miss it. I have the AT&T variant, and I recently (not sure how) broke the glass over the wide angle camera. I have the AT&T insurance and they have no G5's to offer me as a replacement. I opted for to take a LG V20 as a replacement, but I found it very interesting that I couldn't get another G5.

Sounds like LG and the carriers (at least AT&T) are washing their hands of the G5. It's a shame that poor marketing and gimmicks ruined a really great phone. RIP G5.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You're lucky to get the V20 unless you have $ invested in mods. The V20 is the best phone I've ever had.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Today is my last day with the G5. It has actually been a great phone and I am going to miss it. I have the AT&T variant, and I recently (not sure how) broke the glass over the wide angle camera. I have the AT&T insurance and they have no G5's to offer me as a replacement. I opted for to take a LG V20 as a replacement, but I found it very interesting that I couldn't get another G5.

Sounds like LG and the carriers (at least AT&T) are washing their hands of the G5. It's a shame that poor marketing and gimmicks ruined a really great phone. RIP G5.

You could have bought the glass on EBay but since they gave you a V20 you did well.

revelations65

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
LG G 5 is very underrated I have owned this phone for 6 months now, just a brilliant phone, here in the UK they have been pulled from my carrier o2 , but not sure where I will go next, this phone works perfectly fine,
As for your glass same thing happen to me, easy fix, I have to sort mine, but G5 is a great phone, could be some serious bargains out there

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justices777