Error Flashing ROM via Clockwork Recovery

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I did a quick search for this (albeit a hasty and likely incomplete one) but I'm not really sure what, exactly, I should be searching for; if this has already been addressed/answered, please point me in that direction.

I've got a Fascinate that is stock in every way except that it is rooted and has Clockwork Recovery. Whenever I try to flash a ROM, either by telling RM to flash or by rebooting into recovery and flashing the package from the SD, I get an error that it cannot mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1).

I have done some reading and it looks like this might be a Voodoo issue (whatever that is), but unless Voodoo was preinstalled, or somehow installed during my root (which I can't remember the exact process I used now), that just doesn't make sense. Any help would be appreciated; I want this thing to stop lagging and freezing, and I want it to 'just work' like my DInc does with CM7 (problems with adding appointments to the calendar, etc.).

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick search for this (albeit a hasty and likely incomplete one) but I'm not really sure what, exactly, I should be searching for; if this has already been addressed/answered, please point me in that direction.

I've got a Fascinate that is stock in every way except that it is rooted and has Clockwork Recovery. Whenever I try to flash a ROM, either by telling RM to flash or by rebooting into recovery and flashing the package from the SD, I get an error that it cannot mount /dev/block/mmcblk0 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0p1).

I have done some reading and it looks like this might be a Voodoo issue (whatever that is), but unless Voodoo was preinstalled, or somehow installed during my root (which I can't remember the exact process I used now), that just doesn't make sense. Any help would be appreciated; I want this thing to stop lagging and freezing, and I want it to 'just work' like my DInc does with CM7 (problems with adding appointments to the calendar, etc.).

When you boot into recovery which recovery do you boot to, stock blue recovery, red, or green?

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
When you boot into recovery which recovery do you boot to, stock blue recovery, red, or green?

Well, I don't have the Fasc with me at the office, so I can't look to be sure, but I can't recall seeing anything that would tip me to what 'color' the recovery is... what would I be looking for to determine that? Words, images, etc.?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't have the Fasc with me at the office, so I can't look to be sure, but I can't recall seeing anything that would tip me to what 'color' the recovery is... what would I be looking for to determine that? Words, images, etc.?

The colors refer to the actual color of the text when you boot to recovery

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If memory serves, it is green (though it may be blue... definitely NOT red, though).

You probably boot to blue, then have to use apply sdcard:update.zip and then go to green cwm. There is a new red cwm that everyone is using with Froyo. I'm guessing since you are still stock you are either on build DL09 or may have done the OTA to EA28.

Try flashing this CWM through ODIN:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Delete any update.zip you have on your sd card and download this one to the base of your sd card:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

pstinger

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
You probably boot to blue, then have to use apply sdcard:update.zip and then go to green cwm. There is a new red cwm that everyone is using with Froyo. I'm guessing since you are still stock you are either on build DL09 or may have done the OTA to EA28.

Try flashing this CWM through ODIN:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Delete any update.zip you have on your sd card and download this one to the base of your sd card:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Just checked, it boots into green without needing to do anything else.

will.bates94

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
ok im having a problem with a rooted fascinate as soon as i click reboot to recovery it goes into recovery and i get BLUE text and it tries to intall from package right away? im not sure why its doing this but after is says: veryifying update package it says
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok im having a problem with a rooted fascinate as soon as i click reboot to recovery it goes into recovery and i get BLUE text and it tries to intall from package right away? im not sure why its doing this but after is says: veryifying update package it says
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
installation aborted.

will Welcome to Android central
please look over this thread, try to install cwm all
if you are still having problems please post your concern in that thread so me or someone else can help you
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

will.bates94

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
ok so i followed the odin and flashed the cwm recovery all tar file and when i try to do the update.zip in stock recovery i still get the same problem with the E:failed to verify whole file sig thing.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so i followed the odin and flashed the cwm recovery all tar file and when i try to do the update.zip in stock recovery i still get the same problem with the E:failed to verify whole file sig thing.

You don't do the update.zip in cwm all. completely disregard that, and just follow the instructions in the clockwork thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassymomma