Error: Process com.android.email Force Close

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I reboot my phone android email Force Closes. I can't get it to restart. Consequently, I'm not getting gmail notifications and it's not auto downloading my gmail to my phone. I can manually open up my gmail account and refresh it to download my emails, but it doesn't download them automatically like it used to.

I'm currently running superclean 2.8 but had this problem on 2.4 as well

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I reboot my phone android email Force Closes. I can't get it to restart. Consequently, I'm not getting gmail notifications and it's not auto downloading my gmail to my phone. I can manually open up my gmail account and refresh it to download my emails, but it doesn't download them automatically like it used to.

I'm currently running superclean 2.8 but had this problem on 2.4 as well

reflash eb01 modem

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
oh s*it that was the modem for the wrong phone. sigh, search function failing me and my lack of reading comprehension are not a good combination

lemme find the right one and try again

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
you happen to have a link to the file handy, searching the forums for eb01 modem is kinda tedious... kinda common phrase =)

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
hmm, I can just turn airplane mode off, so not a big deal, but com.android.email still FCs

it says Use *#9900# to take log would this be useful and how do I do it?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I can again, but I did it before and after I flashed SC2.8v

And I had this problem before on SC2.4v as well

Oh I meant it's no big deal because it just turns it on when I reboot, I can just turn it off and it's fine, just a 10s hassle when I reboot and I don't do that too often, cept when stuff doesn't work

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I can again, but I did it before and after I flashed SC2.8v

And I had this problem before on SC2.4v as well

Oh I meant it's no big deal because it just turns it on when I reboot, I can just turn it off and it's fine, just a 10s hassle when I reboot and I don't do that too often, cept when stuff doesn't work

are you backed up , are you willing to flash stock froyo then flash back to 2.8 that most likely will fix your problems

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah, should still have the stock tar

Titanium Backup Pro auto backs it up every night while I sleep. So yeah ppl, buy it, it's worth it just for that. And syncs to dropbox, also win.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
any theme? I happen to like mine done my way, so I haven't tried any, but I'll do it just to see if it fixes the problem.

Got one ya like?

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so... it fixed the problem going to stock eb01, but when I flashed SC 2.8v again the problem came right back

also, a theme didn't hurt or help either

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463