Everything I touch on my phone there is a green box around it what happened

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Everything on my phone has a green box around it when I touch it how do I get rid of this

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
If you have hey Google setup on your phone then say hey Google open talk back settings. Then whatever you want to click on you have to click it once to outline it and then twice to select it. So click talkback setting and the green box will appear then click inside the green box 2 times and it will open it. Then click the toggle switch to show the box and double tap to disable.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
It really isn't that much of a hassle, press the volume up and volume down buttons together for 3 seconds lol.

That assumes the problem is actually Talkback.

On my phone that is an additional setting that you have to turn on after turning on talkback, but def worth a try. And that's possible it's not talkback because he didn't say anything about it reading the screen.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
On my phone that is an additional setting that you have to turn on after turning on talkback, but def worth a try. And that's possible it's not talkback because he didn't say anything about it reading the screen.

It's enabled by default out of the box. Yeah, that was my thinking... them not mentioning verbal feedbacck or having to navigate in an odd way makes me think it isn't Talkback.

Unless they are visually impaired and are using Talkback and just don't realise that's where the coloured boxes are coming from.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, a lot of peoplw don't seem to realise that fixing an issue is a diagnostic troubleshooting process. The most tech savvy and well educated people on the planet can't just fix any problem from the information "I have an issue, fix it".

It's like calling your doctor and saying "my arm hurts, what's wrong?" and then not answering any further questions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon