EVO 3D Bootloader Unlock Problems

Alf644

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am a complete Phone newb, though I am decent with computers and both somewhat windows and linux literate. I am using a Sprint Evo 3d with software version: 2.89.651.2 710RD running Android version 4.0.3 as well as HBOOT 1.58. I attempted to unlock my bootloader, and was unable to do so using this guide:

How to Root Evo 3D! [2.08.651.2 and Later] [HTC Unlock Method] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

(After the fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin command I did not recieve the unlock screen confirmation)

So after some research I attempted to downgrade using both the RUU files below, and recieved an error 115 (I ran the program from a fastboot usb mode)

RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.17.651.5_Radio_1.06.00.1216_NV_NV_spcs_1.42_release_233304_signed.exe
RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.2_Radio_0.97.10.0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_208230_signed.exe

I also tried the perma temp root with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions. I recieved my phone in March of 2012.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I am a complete Phone newb, though I am decent with computers and both somewhat windows and linux literate. I am using a Sprint Evo 3d with software version: 2.89.651.2 710RD running Android version 4.0.3 as well as HBOOT 1.58. I attempted to unlock my bootloader, and was unable to do so using this guide:

How to Root Evo 3D! [2.08.651.2 and Later] [HTC Unlock Method] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

(After the fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin command I did not recieve the unlock screen confirmation)

So after some research I attempted to downgrade using both the RUU files below, and recieved an error 115 (I ran the program from a fastboot usb mode)

RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.17.651.5_Radio_1.06.00.1216_NV_NV_spcs_1.42_release_233304_signed.exe
RUU_Shooter_S_Sprint_WWE_2.08.651.2_Radio_0.97.10.0808_NV_SPCS_1.31_003_release_208230_signed.exe

I also tried the perma temp root with no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions. I recieved my phone in March of 2012.
Did you copy the unlockcode.bin into the same folder with fastboot ?
Yeah you need to unlock the bootloader and install a custom recovery, once thats done you can install a rom thats already rooted.
Also look at this option..[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF. - xda-developers. i recommend going s-off it makes things so much easier and it sounds like you have some linux knowledge so it should be easy for you

Andrea Frizzell

May 8, 2013
Visit site
i know this is a few months old, but ive looked everywhere for info and this i the 1st time that ive found somebody with my same phone- an htc evo 3d with software version 2.89.651. running android 4.0.3 as well as hboot 1.58. im not sure if the phone specs have to be exact which is why im a bit stuck. i was able to unlock my phone using htc bootloader unlock, but i still have s-on. after the unlock my phone gave a message re something about an update- (i would give the exact message but somehow it has gone away???) and i was unable to access recovery or fastboot- which i can do now that the message has cleared. anyways, im trying to flash from sprint to metro pcs and im not really sure what my next step is. i cant find any info from somebody with my same situation. if there is somebody that could please just guide me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. i believe i have most of the programs i need- cdma workshop and qpst but im confused about the s-on and the roms. please help if you can. thanks

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
i know this is a few months old, but ive looked everywhere for info and this i the 1st time that ive found somebody with my same phone- an htc evo 3d with software version 2.89.651. running android 4.0.3 as well as hboot 1.58. im not sure if the phone specs have to be exact which is why im a bit stuck. i was able to unlock my phone using htc bootloader unlock, but i still have s-on. after the unlock my phone gave a message re something about an update- (i would give the exact message but somehow it has gone away???) and i was unable to access recovery or fastboot- which i can do now that the message has cleared. anyways, im trying to flash from sprint to metro pcs and im not really sure what my next step is. i cant find any info from somebody with my same situation. if there is somebody that could please just guide me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it. i believe i have most of the programs i need- cdma workshop and qpst but im confused about the s-on and the roms. please help if you can. thanks
Do you have the donor phone or at least the info from the donor ? You need the NV items from it.

Kristyezo

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my phone. Enter - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin - command I did not receive the unlock screen confirmation.

My software version is 2.95.651.5 71ord
HBoot 1.58
Android Version 4.0.3
HTC Sense 3.6

Anyone have any ideas how I can Root this thing?

Andrea Frizzell

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I do have a donor phone now. The problem is- I have all the software and tools I need- I just don't know what to.... Could you possibly guide me in the right direction???

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I do have a donor phone now. The problem is- I have all the software and tools I need- I just don't know what to.... Could you possibly guide me in the right direction???
I have never flashed to Metro only to boost,Im sure its the same. Let me look and see what i can come up with. there should be youtube videos with step by step instructions, thats how i did it. It would be easier than for us to do it here. Sometimes having a visual on what you want to do makes it alot easier.