EVO 4G finally updating! trying to decide between HTC One, Galaxy 4, and iPhone 4/4S

tnmedic

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I am researching the best phone to buy. Sprint/not going to change providers but can't decide. I'm old,:cool: so I haven't updated phones and have been using the HTC EVO 4G since it came out. Now I'm frustrated by the phone, its seeming inability to update apps without crashing the phone, etc. I text about as much as I talk, and don't really use the EVO for watching movies, etc due to the screen size. Of course, I was drawn to the Sprint offer of BOGO for the Galaxy S4, but I've looked at them briefly in-store and they seem awfully light. The HTC One is interesting because of the metal case but I don't want "interesting" if its nonfunctional. Also, any opinions on the Galaxy Active (?) more from a durable use standpoint, than a "need to take pictures underwater" standpoint would be welcome. I work outside and in a dusty/dirty environment, so the sealed ports on the Active sound interesting.
Any and all opinions welcome, I don't have a lot of time to go to the store and really play with the phones as I've seen suggested by others. Plus the salespeople at the 2 stores I've had a chance to go to were really pushy and trying too hard.
Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Based on your work environment I would think the S4 Active is something you should consider. It's basically a S4 with durability in mind. Now, it appears you don't want to change providers, so this might not be an option if you want to stay on Sprint (right now).

Also, keep in mind that third-party cases offer really good protection for either device (S4, HTC One). The One is a great device and is very functional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis