EVO 4g LTE behind the walmart counter

kanyewest

May 17, 2010
Visit site
so I saw the earlier post about walmart having th Evo 4g LTE... i walk into the first store, and they tell me they only have 1 in stock but they tried activating it earlier for another customer but they couldn't. so he told me to come back tomorrow..
i walk into a second walmart and i take a look behind their counter and i snapped a picture...
then i flagged someone down (or they flagged me down) lol... and told me the cell phone department was closed...

6329c0eb-57ac-d1ab.jpg

UPDATE: so i went to 3 walmarts.. including the 2 i visited yesterday and they had a letter posted saying they cannot sell it... what a damn shame and the phones wer sitting right there in front of me...
6329c0eb-fc68-3286.jpg

iPad3 Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

kanyewest

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i also asked if i bought the phone thru walmart on my wifes line and then swap to my line... if i get hit with fees or if i have to pay anything. walmart employees said no... called letstalk or straighttalk or what ever its called.. and one rep said yes to the fees and the other said no... so i have no idea who to believe.. so i guess i have to start reading their fine print.

Last edited:

frankdlc222

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I also tried to buy one yesterday as well but they said couldn't activate it. They said it wasn't in the system yet to activate. However they did say I could buy it for the full price :'(

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Shame on me. I just called a local Walmart and inquired about this phone. The girl said she had only one. I asked if she could sell it to me and she said, 'Yes...it's $158.'
(note..I am out of town so I had to line up the hotel van driver to take me there)

Right before I left the hotel I called her again and asked if she was sure there would be no problem selling me this phone. She said no problem. I asked if she could start the process via the phone just to make sure. She said she couldn't.
So the hotel driver drives me 15 minutes to Walmart. I wait 20 minutes while the sales girl helps some other customers.
She finally gets to me and starts the process...........
Her brow crinkles a bit as she is staring hard at her computer screen. I can tell she doesn't know what to say to me so she picks up her phone and calls her supervisor.
She hangs up and tells me she can't sell it to me.
Here I am back in my hotel room...out $20 for the van drivers tip.

Thanks Kerry from Walmart. You are a gem. :confused:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
What did Sprint have them do? My girl got hung up on scanning the Sim Card....

They have to do paper contract because the Wal-Mart computers still have older contract software using a sim Card id # and there is none.Sprint will walk them tthrough a printed paper contract takes 5 min. at most.

sent from my Evo4LTE

Reactions: evolted

ceff7711

May 25, 2012
Visit site
They have to do paper contract because the Wal-Mart computers still have older contract software using a sim Card id # and there is none.Sprint will walk them tthrough a printed paper contract takes 5 min. at most.

sent from my Evo4LTE

She called Sprint. They told her not to sell it.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
She called Sprint. They told her not to sell it.

Sorry,just know that the computers still have sim id #areas for contract and will not let you finish transactions. That's why recently have to use paper contracts to sell the Sprint phones.

sent from my Evo4LTE

3ball

Sep 24, 2010
www.showdownpokergear.com
I just got back from Walmart after seeing that tip in the forums. They got hung up in the same spot, called their Sprint rep, and were told that they can not sell it. WTF?

Last edited by a moderator:

3ball

Sep 24, 2010
www.showdownpokergear.com
I don't think Sprint has any idea when they are getting them. That is part of the problem. If the phones passed customs last week, what is the hold up?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usapana_098