Evo 4g lte or samsung galaxy s3

Gtortora79

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I pre ordered the evo today. People keep telling me to wait for the Galaxy s3 for sprint which I'm currently on. Should I wait for the Galaxy s3 or get the evo?

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Tough decision. I decided to get the one x rather than the s3 even tho I believe s3 has better features. Check out comparisons, see what suites you best. But I'd get the evo only because the s3 date for u.s. is unknown.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Gtortora79

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I do like some of the s3 features. Also s3 will have more built in memory. The battery not being able to come out doesn't help the evo cause but I do like my og evo and this new one Is great. Question is like you said. When is the s3 coming to Sprint?

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered the evo today. People keep telling me to wait for the Galaxy s3 for sprint which I'm currently on. Should I wait for the Galaxy s3 or get the evo?

I'm guessing you may need to wait and see both of them in person to decide. I would never go back to a Samsung device until they change their radios. They get bad signal and a bad GPS location lock. Evo ftw.

Sent from my NEW Evo 4G LTE....wait... I have LTE?? Not yet?!? BLAST!!!

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The sg3 just looks good, the radios inside the evo are much better. Especially the GPS radio.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I hate the cheap feel of Samsung and it looks like the G3 isn't any different

but it will sell millions with svoice alone

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked the EVO because of its amazingly beautiful LCD screen.

I had the Galaxy Nexus, and the AMOLED is a huge power sucker. I had my phone all black themed and still couldn't get great battery life.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
After my initial bad experience with the Evo, I'm kind of conflicted. I loved what I saw, but definitely couldn't live without a data connection. Now that I'm sending it back, I have to wait for my upgrade status to be reset, which will take a couple of weeks. Of course, by that time, I have a feeling this phone will be very hard to come by if I want to try another, so I may be waiting quite a while. Which might put me into SGSIII release/pre-order season, so I'm thinking I might just wait for that. As long as I'm going to have to wait anyway, I may as well wait for the new darling.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Personally i love this new evo, i like htc, i like the build quality, I like the screen, i like the radio quality, i like....well a lot about this thing lol

I think the 2 phones are gonna be very similar as far as the basics go. Kinda comes down to personal pref if you ask me. I simply think htc puts out better made products, again thats just my opinion

nickevans1979

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I had considered waiting for the Samsung galaxy s 3, but opted for the EVO. I'm very happy with it. It has a very solid build, unlike my wife's Samsung galaxy s 2. I can't say that the s 3 will have a similar build quality, but if history holds true...

The screen on this phone is awesome. I've had zero battery issues,band so far the phone has exceeded my expectations in every way, shape and form. I have no issues with HTC Sense. I kind of like it. Anyway, I'm very happy with my decision. The only thing I can think of that the s 3 has that the EVO doesn't would be the 2GB of RAM. But then again, is that really necessary?

Good luck!

Sent from my new EVO using Android Central Forums

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I owned the Samsung galaxy s2 for two months before I sold it and I can tell you most certainly I will not be buying the new s3. The s2 was so glitchy due to the fact that it ran samusngs forked version of android os.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

mrrgs12

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
If I can't replace the battery then I'm not interested, period. I tried the iphone and found I had to tether all day to keep a charge as I use it for my cell phone all day long. I turned it back in and went with the original EVO and love it. Tethering is like owning the original brick phone, sooo outdated. So, if the new Evo does not have an accessible battery, then, so long... Looking fwrd to the Galaxy s3

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea lol this phone battery is awesome...I use to carry 2 extra batteries for my og evo, now i make the day with 50% remaining.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
If I can't replace the battery then I'm not interested, period. I tried the iphone and found I had to tether all day to keep a charge as I use it for my cell phone all day long. I turned it back in and went with the original EVO and love it. Tethering is like owning the original brick phone, sooo outdated. So, if the new Evo does not have an accessible battery, then, so long... Looking fwrd to the Galaxy s3

I was a little skeptical until I went 26 hours "un"tethered and still had 26% left. And that's with normal use throughout the day. Battery life will not be an issue

Sent from my NEW Evo 4G LTE... wait.... I have LTE?? Not yet?!? BLAST!!!

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Originally I too was a little concerned about the prospect of a non removable battery. I've had my new EVO since the 24th and am still fiddling with the settings. On this charge I'm currently at 1 day 8hrs 15min with 22% remaining.

Since the 24th I've changed screen brightness from brightest back to automatic, unchecked "Best WiFi performance" (I checked it thinking it couldn't hurt), no live wallpaper, use WiFi where available.

What I do have enabled on weather clock:

Update when opened - checked
Scheduled sync - checked
Update schedule - every 1 hour
Sound effects - checked
My current location - checked
Weather alerts - checked

Last edited:

Gtortora79

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I love this new evo phone but I have to take it back to Best Buy because my Camera app isn't working. I pull up the app and get no preview screen. Just black screen then it freezes and then tells me its not responding. I've restarted the phone and even did a facotry reset.

mcalistor

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I love this new evo phone but I have to take it back to Best Buy because my Camera app isn't working. I pull up the app and get no preview screen. Just black screen then it freezes and then tells me its not responding. I've restarted the phone and even did a facotry reset.

Did you take the lens cap off?

Sorry couldn't resist. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rambo4id