Excessive battery drain in idle - Pixel 7 Pro

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
Is anyone experiencing a shocking battery drain of the Pixel 7 Pro while idling? Last night It dropped from 90% to 77%!!! I said it's shocking before it has never happened with my old Pixel 2 XL (it's still performing better) and I followed every single advice in order to fix the issue. Strangely, every time I try something "new" (app restrictions, for instance) it seems to work for one day only 😐
it's a bit frustrating, because I can't turn the phone off when I go to bed and losing a 10% - 15% of power is unbelievable, as far as I am concerned.
Any suggestion is very welcome.
Thank you in advance

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Look at you battery stats in settings and see for any apps that stand out otherwise try safe mode for a day and see if still happening the only thing is in that mode only native apps work as 3rd party apps are turned off.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here , As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My 7 Pro continues to be a battery champ, losing no more than about 2-3% overnight if it remains unplugged. I agree with mustang7757, it's key to look in the Battery Usage menu to see what app or service has been using battery. Make sure to look at the System Usage in that menu as well.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! My 7 Pro continues to be a battery champ, losing no more than about 2-3% overnight if it remains unplugged. I agree with mustang7757, it's key to look in the Battery Usage menu to see what app or service has been using battery. Make sure to look at the System Usage in that menu as well.
can someone give me similar figures for the 7 i.e. what % loss overnight to expect? I'm losing >1%/hour which is simply too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol