excessive pocket lint

crmwell

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I have upgraded from a droid x to the maxx and I keep this phone in my pocket with a silicone cover. The cover is the same as I used on the x but the maxx keeps getting a build up of lint on the screen. My x did not do this. Does anybody know of a cure for this?

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad you posted this. I came from a Moto Photon, and I've noticed the same thing. I thought it was just me, and I didn't have the courage to post a question about pocket lint.

Sorry I don't have a solution, but at least you're not alone.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
ive heard one theory that it is the water resistant coating making lint stick to it... id say get a screen protector or keep your pockets cleaner ;)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
After trying a silicon case, and commuter case I've settled on a leather, sheath style pouch. I like to use the phone bare but want pocket protection. Anyway, this was my solution. I insert it in the case head first to protect the open ports and can have keys, coins or anything else in my pocket and have no worries about dinging the Maxx. I have had no lint issues. It does attract dust tho if I leave it out sitting on a table for instance.
Just my .02 as to what works for me.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Are you kidding:) Where, other than a Razr Maxx forum, are we going to ever see a question like that, hahahahahaha. Not on a Nexus forum, that's for sure, because they have bigger problems to worry about. LOL. Static Cling is being caused by the rubbing of the case on the inside of the pocket. If your too cool for a case I guess you'll have to live with it:)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you kidding:) Where, other than a Razr Maxx forum, are we going to ever see a question like that, hahahahahaha. Not on a Nexus forum, that's for sure, because they have bigger problems to worry about. LOL. Static Cling is being caused by the rubbing of the case on the inside of the pocket. If your too cool for a case I guess you'll have to live with it:)

This is an excellent point! A sure indicator of how good and reliable this phone has been so far is the presence of this thread. Damn you pocket lint!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeFunct1222