Exchange issues with Calendar entries

david10240#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
H E L P!!!!!!!! I am in love with the S2 but this is a deal breaker if I can't figure this out. Set up the exchange account with no problems or synching issues. However...and this is a BIG however...A reminder for an event popped up, and I noticed I could not change the reminder for another time. Dug deeper and noticed that I could not edit ANY calendar events that came over from Outlook during the exchange sync. This is not acceptable.

So.......I came home and added a test event to the calendar again in Outlook. The event came up in my phone and again I could not edit it AT ALL. Creating an event on the S2 is fine, no problems with editing. I did notice that an event created in Outlook comes up on my S2 saying, "David (Organizer)" with a checked box next to it that cannot be unchecked. Any help would be appreciated.

david10240#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Called Samsung today. They claim to "...know of the issue and are trying to find a solution". For now, use a third party exchange app like Exchange Touchdown as your calendar, and leave the calendar box unchecked when figuring your exchange account on the device.

alacrify

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Seconded for Touchdown - I switched because I use my calendar as a task tracking tool, and EVERY event from Outlook comes over to the stock calendar with a reminder - the notifications were driving me crazy.

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I sync my Outlook calendar with a gmail calendar using Google's sync program. Then I display the gmail calendar on my phone. It seems to work just fine for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelmanVT