Excited about Nougat

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Samsung said it will do it's best to get it out in January but then of course, the carriers will have to do their modifications to it so that might take a few more months.

I'm still running the beta on one of my two S7 Edge phones. I don't know when I'll get it on my unlocked US version.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge and the Note 5 that will be really exciting to see nougat on both of those phones

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
And even then, how often are those updates stable?

Not very. Having owned several iPhones in the past and still do, I have learned to never upgrade to the major upgrade each year. This year, I only upgraded my 6S and 6S+ to 10.1.1 so that I can jailbreak it once the JB is out soon. I only upgraded these phones to 10.1.1 last week from 9.3.3.

I do the same on my Macs. I have two MBPs and a Mac Mini. The two MBPs are on El Capitan and the Mini is on the previous version which was Mavericks. Why hurry to cause problems when there aren't any?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Is there going to be any major differences from the beta to the official one?

Samsung said that they will do their best to try and include many of the suggestions people offered into the final release. Can't say how the final release will differ but I'm sure it will in some ways.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if some suggestions include features seen on the Note 7 such as the Secured Folder.

Samsung said that they will do their best to try and include many of the suggestions people offered into the final release. Can't say how the final release will differ but I'm sure it will in some ways.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Verizon users are getting comfy on the couch and will be expecting it by March

I'm on the Verizon beta and have had absolutely no problems at all. It's smooth, it has improved my battery life more than any update ever has (they often decrease in fact).

I've been saying all along I think you'll get it sooner than later. I haven't changed my mind.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Samsung said it will do it's best to get it out in January but then of course, the carriers will have to do their modifications to it so that might take a few more months.

I'm still running the beta on one of my two S7 Edge phones. I don't know when I'll get it on my unlocked US version.

The Betas are through the carriers (except AT&T)

mysamsungs7e

Dec 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the Verizon beta and have had absolutely no problems at all. It's smooth, it has improved my battery life more than any update ever has (they often decrease in fact).

I've been saying all along I think you'll get it sooner than later. I haven't changed my mind.
I had N when I had the Moto Z... Its an awesome build.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084