Experiences with assistants? Anyone ever use Eva?

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from a Blackberry Bold 9930, where we got Vlingo Pro for free. I found it fairly useful, but looking at the assistants in the app store Eva got a higher rating than Vlingo. I have no idea why. It's mindless and rarely has any clue what I want. And it makes things like sending a simple text message a very painful process and not handsfree, which Vlingo does nicely.

Me - Eva
Eva - Yes, Michael (I like that - sexy voice :p )
Me - Send text to Erika hi Erika
Which Erika it asks - there are three choices presented. I only have ONE Erika but there are still three slots, two are blank. You HAVE to pick the only slot with Erika in it. By HAND.
Then it asks add another recipient or done.
You say done. It FINALLY sends. There is NO way to shut it up when messages are incoming either.

There is no way to easily set up an appointment or anything.

Vlingo just works.

Anyone else play with them? Other experiences?

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Vlingo has been good for me.

I like the fact that it searches the contacts from the phone's own database, not just Google contacts. The built-in voice commands via Google will only search the contacts you store in a Google account. I use an exchange sync, so most of my contacts are not stored in Google.

jugg1es

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been using AIVC. Still has a few cliches but all in all if they continue to develop it could be one of the best. I've seen a post where it was run side by side against siri and came out on top by quite a margin. Not that siri is any good in the UK anyway.

Swyped from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2

jugg1es

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thought i would bump this thread with Utter! It's still beta and available in the playstore but with its ability to link with tasker has made it the best voice assistant I've used, I've been looking for one to use with a client who had severe physical disabilities and this has made his android tablet far more accessible than first thought.

"I'm living so far beyond my income that we may almost be said to be living apart."
- E E Cummings (1894-1962)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rj3005