Extreme SOC temp at idle, and overheating with light use.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I Hi. I restored a destroyed OnePlus 8pro and it has a serious heat problem and battery drain. Even when turned off. I get maximum 2-3hours sot and the soc temp reads 60c plus on idle and never lower than 50c. Could it be a damaged battery or other piece of hardware causing a short or something. Fingerprint scanner doesn't enrol and vibration motor stopped working too. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would be very careful about using that phone, since it could very well be a damaged battery. If you can, replace the battery and see if the problem persists.

Lachy

Sep 1, 2021
Visit site
The weird thing is the battery temp is fine so I don't know what is causing the soc to be so hot. It also lags a bit typing I'd imagine due to the soc being throttled with heat. I'll try a battery replace and hope it fixes.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The weird thing is the battery temp is fine so I don't know what is causing the soc to be so hot. It also lags a bit typing I'd imagine due to the soc being throttled with heat. I'll try a battery replace and hope it fixes.

Well, you indicated the device was damaged with a pointy object multiple times. Somewhere, there is a short in the circuitry that replacing the screen and midframe just doesn't fix. That short is causing drain just like shorted wiring in the car will drain a battery. You'd need someone to find the short to completely salvage the device, and it wouldn't be cheap. Logically, the damage has something to do with the vibratory module or fingerprint scanner.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy