Facebook ads in the dialer?

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just tried to call my wife at work who is linked with her Facebook account in my contacts and there is an ad from facebook at the top of the dialer. WTF? How do I turn this off there is no way Facebook/HTC or whomever should be dumping ads into my phone calls! Anyone else experience this?

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Actually upon further review its not an ad but perhaps her facebook status which is posting her horoscope.. Still annoying.. can it be turned off I don't care what someone's latest facebook status is when I am calling them.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Why is it a issue?
As soon as you dial the phone is next your head you won't see it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why is it a issue?
As soon as you dial the phone is next your head you won't see it

Because it should be an option not forced upon me. I think its a Sense feature though with the integration/link between Facebook and phone contacts not a specific facebook issue per say... for some reason HTC thinks I want to know someone's latest facebook status when I call them or something. If I want to know their status I'll check Facebook.

Not a huge deal, but this is Android, we like choices and options. :)

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Remove facebook from your sync options if you don't want facebook stuff tied into your contacts. You can have the facebook app without syncing the contacts. If you sync the contacts then you will get the current post info.

Reactions: errbin and bc2k

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Remove facebook from your sync options if you don't want facebook stuff tied into your contacts. You can have the facebook app without syncing the contacts. If you sync the contacts then you will get the current post info.

Yup unsync Facebook done no more Facebook in dialer

Which is something I like when I dial