Question Facebook and Google Play store issues

HQ69

May 24, 2023
Visit site
I have two problems and I believe they started same time.

Facebook;

I can only scroll a few feeds down and then there is no more. I see that it is like downloading more but it hangs while doing it. I can open the app several hours later and it is till at the same "updating feeds" mode. If I clear cache and data, reinstall app, the problem is still there. Works from other devices at home. All other applications works perfectly, like twitter and other news channels.

Google play store;

If I try to see if there are any updates it takes up to 5 minutes to show the apps that can be updated. Before it took maybe 10 seconds.

These problems are very annoying. Any ideas?

Oneplus 8 pro. Android 13.

HQ69

May 24, 2023
Visit site
Hi and thanx,

Have had this problem over 6 months. Yes, have rebooted phone several times. Also tried with both wifi and mobile data.
Next idea is to do a factory reset, but thought that this is maybe is a simple setting or other bug that can be fixed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to the Play Store, search for Android System Webview, and make sure it's up to date. If it already is up to date, then try uninstalling all updates, since sometimes an update can actually cause glitches on specific devices.

If you're on the Beta version of Android System Webview, then revert to the Stable version.

HQ69

May 24, 2023
Visit site
So I did open Webview and noticed that it was up to date. Uninstalled and reinstalled update.
But there were two more devices, Samsung SM-G988N, on webview page asking if I want to install webview on those devices. I am using BlueStacks emulator on my pc. Opened both of my BlueStacks windows to see what device was they installed as. Device profile said Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. And yes, that was a match.
Pressed install on both on my Oneplus 8 pro.

First testing on Facebook app was positive. Also Google play works. Have to give it a couple of days but right now all works great.