Facebook contacts question in phone section.

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
In my "phone" section it keeps displaying all of my Facebook contacts even though I have the settings set up to only sync my phone contacts with Facebook. I have set the settings both through the sense settings menu and the Facebook menu, yet it still shows them in the phone section. Contacts is how it should be but phone is both. A lot of my fb contacts I have no intention of ever calling, however I would like the features having my phone contacts synced with fb. Any thoughts??

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ummm, maybe manually delete the contacts in your phonebook, but not in Facebook? I gave a middle finger to Facebook a long time ago, so I'm one of those off the grid people making a lonely statement I guess. Good luck in relinquishing the grip of smuckerbird.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
If I check in the face book app and the sync app to only sync with contacts, it still displays my facebook contacts in the "phone section" the "people section" is fine since I can turn them off, but in the phone section, it still shows me everyone. Its annoying because I can accidentally dial these people that I have no intention of dialing. If I want to contact these people I can just do it through FB like any normal human being. I want to be able to have my contacts have their photos next to their name, and see their status updates, but I don't really care to have all of these people be dialable or see them for that matter.

I have to assume it is a glich, as I have selected in both settings locations to only sync my contacts. If I turn off the sync, it is impossible to link those contacts manually. what a pain!

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we should patent a work around? We could rule the world! Muwhaha!

Maybe not the world, but we could ruin a bunch of fanboys week holding their new phones at customs!

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024