Family Plan with GNex and iPhone 4S - Upgrades After 6/28

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My Mom and I have a family plan. She has an iPhone 4S and I have a GNex. Both of us have unlimited data but her phone is a 3G phone and mine is a 4G LTE. From what I have read, if I upgrade to another 4G LTE phone I can keep my unlimited data but if she goes from her 3G phone to a 4G LTE phone after 6/28, she will be forced onto a Share Everything plan and lose her unlimited data.

How will that work if we currently have a family plan? Will I be forced onto a Share Everything plan if she upgrades to a 4G LTE phone after 6/28?

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
If any phone upgrades, you will be forced into the new data share plan. My advice would be to either (1) buy a new phone at full retail price or (2) buy a used phone and have it activated on your account. Either of these choices will not renew your contract and thus should keep your unlimited data.

Reactions: GNex Girl

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, as long as she doesn't sign another 2 year contract her/your current plan should stay the same. The only reason to sign a new contract is for a subsidized phone, which would then make you both lose your unlimited because of the new plans.

Reactions: GNex Girl

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OSCAR DE BUG