fatory reset-less

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
So I would like to notify anyone who cares to listen that my phone has no factory reset. I tried to reset and start from scratch because my phone was turning on and off at random and to my surprise, factory reset NEVER worked for me. I would get stuck on the white screen with green HTC logo on it. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and even let it sit like that 20min then tried again after pulling the battery out, and still nothing. my phone is the same , so I went to sprint and I laughed at them while they tried to do exactly what I did and after 30 min of waiting around they finally notified me that my shift is not able to reset itself. So needless to say, im getting a new one yay!

anyone else with this problem?

riggsandroid

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Idk what ruu means. I'm still new

No problem.

RUU = Rom Update Utility.

It is the software package provided by HTC to return phones to stock. It allows us to put a full rooted phone back to stock, un-rooted.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/627439-post7.html

This thread has the information.

Also, out of curiousity, did you have a custom recovery installed and you were choosing Factory Reset from inside Android?

melficersx

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No I had no modifications done to my phone. Only a temp root to install a few programs but never to change any roms or kernels.

I will have to postpone the RUU until I get off of work and have my laptop in front of me to work on that

Last edited:

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Mine did a reset just fine within a week or so of purchasing it (I was trying a lot of stuff and wanted to start fresh as I'm new to android). But I can't remember if I used an Android command or some hardware key combination. Haven't tried it since, though.

I have never rooted, temp or permanent. I would consider "temp root to install a few programs" and "no modifications to my phone" to be mutually exclusive, though. My point being that if you need root to install something, then you're probably changing something on your device, however minimal.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tuanbinh9990