Favorite Camera Apps for the Galaxy S3

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Stock camera....works great.
Lapse It Pro.....works great
Camera Zoom FX...bought during the 25 cent sale....haven't even opened it up yet.

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The stock camera app is very good on the SGS III.

If you are into HDR photography, the Pro HDR Camera app is excellent.

One other worth looking into is Night Camera + for low light/night shots.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Stock camera for everyday pictures.
Pro HDR Camera for HDR (really, really nice)
Vignette and Little Camera each have a ton of great filters
Camera 360 has some nice, unique filters, too...and works great as a primary camera, too

Also, this isn't a camera, but a fantastic clean-up filter for dark or low-contrast photos: Perfectly Clear

furnace

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Disagree.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 stock camera is terrible. This is mainly because the spot metering does not work at all. Even when I try to brighten a picture by pressing and holding my finger to a darker area of the screen, the metering is still based on the center. I know this because after trying to meter on a corner, the brightness automatically adjusts if I move the center of the camera to that part of the picture.

Is there a camera app that will actually do spot metering? That was one of the best features of my orginal HTC EVO. Incredible camera on that phone, giving me so much control over metering, brightness, ISO, exposure compensation, etc.

jrussell06

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I use the stock spp put for panorama shots I use panorama by wondershare

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

lowbar

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am a recent convert from an iphone to a Samsung GS3. So far I am loving the new phone and OS. The only problem that I am having is that I am a photographer and I like to use my phone to take HDR photos. I had both Pro HDR Camera and TrueHDR on my iphone. Pro HDR Camera was horrible, but TrueHDR was awesome. I have tried Pro HDR Camera on my new android phone, and it is awful as ever.

My problem here is that the only real app for HDR photography on android is Pro HDR Camera, which I hate. Anyone else have any other suggestions? I have looked through the play store, but all the other apps for HDR had a significant number negative feedback, so I am a little bummed that I hit this roadblock. Thanks for any help in advance.

Amber Riffey

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm with you...the basic, stock camera is crap. I've heard a lot of people complain about this and experts say it's due to the slow shutter speed on the camera. I downloaded Fast Burst Camera and this has cleared up my pictures that I've taken with it. Stock camera, most pictures were blurry, or had like a haze to it, there was no crispness to the picture. I had the HTC EVO 4G and the stock camera on that was AWESOME compared to this phone. With this app, the pictures are much clearer and crisper than stock. I used to us FXCamera, where while it was nice to have the different options to color it, it too only went so far. I complained to Samsung about this and their response is that they do not have that problem. But the pictures they took were of still photos, no people especially kids/babies (since that is what I primarily use mine for to take pictures of my daughter) The saddest part is that the actual video camera takes better pictures and video than the camera itself. :confused:

Uncle Reemus

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I use CameraMX, HDR Camera and for panorama I use Wondershare Panorama and 360 Panorama... can't decide which one I like better

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Android Central Forums

Nevpaurion

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Furnace, I've been going crazy trying to figure out why my old iPhone 4 could spot meter and my S3 can't. Seriously getting so frustrated with it at this point that it's about to be the reason why I sell the phone. Have you figured anything out?

Jessica Gaurilidhis

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I just bought the Galaxy S III and I tried downloading Adobe Photoshop Express but it doesn't have the Noice Reduction feature to photoshop the pictures. My friend has the Iphone and she uses this app and her photoshop pix come out beautiful. Does anyone know a good App to photoshop in? Thanks This is my first smartphone so I feel dumb because I have know idea what App are good and what aren't.

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I just bought the Galaxy S3 and I tried downloading Adobe Photoshop Express but it doesn't have the Noice Reduction feature to photoshop the pictures. My friend has the Iphone and she uses this app and her photoshop pix come out beautiful. Does anyone know a good App to photoshop in? Thanks This is my first smartphone so I feel dumb because I have know idea what App are good and what aren't.

Wish I could help but in case no one answers you might try looking through the other SG3 forums on this site like sprint and Tmobile. Sometimes good info can be found on those as well.

SteveCinq

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree that the stock camera app is pretty terrible. Spot metering definitely doesn't work for me either tho I've read that it works on SOME units(??). In my opinion, I don't even think the two focus modes ('Auto' and 'Macro') are any different. And if you try and set focus to a place in the shot, it reverts back to auto focus after about 5 seconds. Quality is quite good (tho not as good at the iPhone camera imo); it's just the terrible app that lets it down.

SteveCinq

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S3 stock camera is terrible.

I agree that the stock camera app is pretty terrible. Spot metering definitely doesn't work for me either tho I've read that it works on SOME units(??). In my opinion, I don't even think the two focus modes ('Auto' and 'Macro') are any different. And if you try and set focus to a place in the shot, it reverts back to auto focus after about 5 seconds. Quality is quite good (tho not as good at the iPhone camera imo); it's just the terrible app that lets it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hillagesa