Feedback from Centro and older Palm users

akcapand

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a hard time contemplating moving forward, but have pretty much decided the Droidis the way I'll go. I'm a Palm Centro user now, on Sprint -- love the phone, not fond of Sprint.

Having used the Palm desktop for ages, I'm very unclear as to how my address book notes (which are sometimes large and of great importance to me) and memo's are going to be synch'd. I'd much prefer also to have some type of desktop manager... I see Missing Synch, but it seems more slanted towards media. So I'm mystified as to how this will work.

How have Palm users managed the shift to cloud backup, etc.? Thanks

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This was one of my BIGGEST hold backs moving on from palm. It was much easier than I thought. Moving the addresses was as easy as exporting from the palm desktop software, and importing it into my gmail account. I manually entered my calendar events, as I did not have too many. Google's "quick add" feature helped with that.
Memos were the hardest part. I ended up using Google documents for that. I just copied and pasted the notes I needed most and weeded out the ones that were no longer relevant. After they were on Google documents, I created a folder for them. On the Droid I downloaded a program called gnotes and sync'd it with the folder I specified.
Now I feel so free being completely unplugged from my PC (except for moving music and pictures from time to time). It is awesome! Cheers! I hope this helped.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
There's the missing sync for Android, where they have an app that loads onto your Android device to help move the data directly to and fro the desktop.

However, with such a seamless PIM solution and Evernote for your notes......why would you ever want to stay with a desktop sync?

I go and make a change on my phone's calendar, and at my desktop's calendar I see the change. Same for contacts, etc.

Desktop sync seems horse & buggy to me, move on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gennenb