Female voice yapping when I use Navigation

mwuagi

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
So, now with the ICS update, I get incessant yapping (gibberish mostly, W-W-W-dot-blah blah blah) after a little while using turn by turn directions on the Google Navigation. This yapping has nothing to do with the directions of my trip. It is just blathering--non-stop. The only way to get it to shut up is to stop the nav app, and restart it. Is this happening to anyone else? I've check my accessibility settings, and everything is turned off.

Is this a bug, or am I the only sap affected lke this?

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that happened to me too on Stock ICS 4.0.3 with custom GLADOS kernel. Was annoying as heck. It seems like it's reading the URL's fetched for a GPS instruction. I am now back to the stable MIUI 2.3.7 ROM. Everything is working perfectly on MIUI. I'm sticking with it until ICS gets the bugs squashed.

karoelle

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
OH boy I am happy to see I am not the only one on earth with the female voice yapping. Here in Denmark a few Nexus S was updatet OTA, (incl mine) then Google stopped the OTA.
After the update the female voice Sara is yapping, precise the same that happens for you.
A Danish magazin "Mobilnu" says today that there is a 4.0.5 update coming soon for Nexus S
My Nexus data: see attachment.

karoelle

mwuagi

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! :cool:

Now if they can just fix the WiFi problem when using SIM cards in certain countries, and the short battery life problem, the Nexus S will be a great phone again..!