Few Questions About New Nexus 7 (2013)

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 (2013), and I have a few questions:

(1) How do I completely turn off the notification led?

(2) Has anyone else noticed that the WiFi bars sometimes go completely blank for periods of time even when the connection is working absolutely fine, sometimes even when the data activity arrows are still showing data transferring?

(3) Does anyone know what the empty rectangular box is that appears briefly and then disappears along the upper left of the lock screen (in portrait orientation) when pressing the power button to wake the screen? I am using a password lock.

In general, I am extremely happy with this tablet! I was thinking of waiting until the Verizon LTE version comes out, but got it anyway. I have been using it WiFi tethered to my Verizon Galaxy S4, and now I'm thinking there is no real reason to get the LTE version.

heelanaya

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 7 (2013), and I have a few questions:

(1) How do I completely turn off the notification led?

(2) Has anyone else noticed that the WiFi bars sometimes go completely blank for periods of time even when the connection is working absolutely fine, sometimes even when the data activity arrows are still showing data transferring?

(3) Does anyone know what the empty rectangular box is that appears briefly and then disappears along the upper left of the lock screen (in portrait orientation) when pressing the power button to wake the screen? I am using a password lock.

In general, I am extremely happy with this tablet! I was thinking of waiting until the Verizon LTE version comes out, but got it anyway. I have been using it WiFi tethered to my Verizon Galaxy S4, and now I'm thinking there is no real reason to get the LTE version.
go to settings and look for it on display it should shay notification light uncheck that as for the others it could be a software issue if thats the case wait for google to release a fix for it

Westifire

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

That's the lock screen widgets. Just swipe right and it goes to another screen to add more widgets.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. It appears only for a split second and then disappears, much too briefly to swipe it. Maybe this is because with a password lock, you can't use lockscreen widgets?

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Tap the time and it will reappear. Flick the time to the right and you can add lock screen widgets, even with security on.

Posted via Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Ah! Now I see. The rectangle was the right edge of the outline of the lockscreen widget adder thingie with the big plus sign.

Is there any way to add additional widgets other than the ones that are on the page that you get to when you tap the big plus sign?

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah! Now I see. The rectangle was the right edge of the outline of the lockscreen widget adder thingie with the big plus sign.

Is there any way to add additional widgets other than the ones that are on the page that you get to when you tap the big plus sign?

Sure, there's tons of them on the play store. Just do a search

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax