Few quick questions about the elite

DarthCaesar

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I`ve been looking into the optimus elite for a while and I get an update this month.
I`ve been wondering about if or any development has started on it or if the kernel source is out yet. I have compiled kernels compiled cm7 source and cm9 source before I just gave up on the momentlikes. So for know I`m wondering if any root method or if the sliders root method can be ported to this device and any recovery is on it. Thanks for any reply thanks

Edit I see sprint sources for it now

Last edited:
Reactions: aaronrw

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I`ve been looking into the optimus elite for a while and I get an update this month.
I`ve been wondering about if or any development has started on it or if the kernel source is out yet. I have compiled kernels compiled cm7 source and cm9 source before I just gave up on the momentlikes. So for know I`m wondering if any root method or if the sliders root method can be ported to this device and any recovery is on it. Thanks for any reply thanks

Edit I see sprint sources for it now

Ok I've had the elite for a few weeks. Can't find a root method anywhere but this phone has a lot of potential. Hope to see some development soon and unleash the beast as they say ....

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2

DarthCaesar

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded the kernel source and like what I see.
I`m not an exploit finder but I`m good with kernels and aosp never tried making a recovery but i`m up for new things.Any sign of VM sources any where though ?
But is there any downside to this phone besides the arm6 ?

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I downloaded the kernel source and like what I see.
I`m not an exploit finder but I`m good with kernels and aosp never tried making a recovery but i`m up for new things.Any sign of VM sources any where though ?
But is there any downside to this phone besides the arm6 ?

The "800 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S2 MSM8655" is arm7 and should be very overclockable, normally running at 1/1.2 ghz

DarthCaesar

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
It says arm6 on the other websites...
*me looks over at the LG viper for sprint
If a root method is founded within a week or so I`m prob getting this phone.

phisherman81

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I think jcase over at the above link has a couple expoits for root, but they are having trouble devising a way to flash back to stock successfully. Does anyone have experience with flashing .tot files?