johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity who uses the front facing camera on a regular basis. When i first got the phone that was one of my pros, but I haven't used it since the first week i got it really.

My wife has an iPhone 4 and i figured we could video chat with it but we never have the time to talk on the phone much less video chat. My friend has the Inc2 as well and there is no need to video chat while we're playing PS3 with a headset, which is the only time i am actually talking to him. (i text 95% of the time)

And as far as self portrait or videos go, i don't take videos of myself to put on youtube and i don't take pictures of myself to put on facebook. I have used it while on vacation to take a picture of me and my wife but thats it.

Now i'm not ragging on the ffc by any means so no one go on a rant or anything. I'm just saying the novelty wore off pretty quickly and i'm wondering if it is just me or if most people thought it was an awesome feature when they bought it, but never actually use it.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Unless you are someone who uses Skype alot i don't think people will use the ffc. Your post is exactly why I could not understand why people insisted on the phone having a ffc.

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
the only time i can see using it is on a vacation or trip but its not really practical in normal situations. Especially because its such a low res and has no focus. In well lit areas its OK but other than that its useless

But its fun to play with the distortions

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
We use it when one of us is out of town to chat with the kids (6,6,4) before bed. Otherwise not very useful. It's good if on WiFi. Unless it's a really strong 3g, video only mediocre. Tango seems to be the best app, but you can't can't turn off the speaker phone and use the ear-speaker.

I'm rooted and am thinking about flashing the Google Talk with video to see if that is any better than Tango.

chshrkt

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Ha!
My wife and daughter use theirs for the exact same thing! (We are a Dinc2 Family) It does make a good portable mirror to check hair, clothes, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR