Fi in the Hudson Valley New York

nydog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint and have an invite for Fi. I wanted some feedback on service from anyone with Fi in the southern Dutchess and Westchester County New York area.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, T-Mobile by itself is fine, works pretty well actually, so I assume Fi will be fine. I've got my SIM coming soon, so I'll see how much difference the Sprint network makes.

If you've got Cablevision, then supplementing it with Optimum WiFi should be awesome.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Ok, as a follow up now that I have my Fi SIM, it's essentially been the T-Mobile network for me, I haven't connected to Sprint yet. So yeah, it's workable, but I'm wondering if there's any advantage to it over T-Mobile proper...and I haven't gotten to test the voice quality yet.

nydog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
So I've had the 5X on Fi for the last few days. One issue is, I'm unable to sent text to phones on other networks. I can receive text with no problem though. Supposedly this is the result of porting in s Google voice number and l the solution is to just wait s few days.

Coming from the original Moto X, the size of the 5X will take some getting use to. It's unfortunate manufactures are not producing many phones in the 4.7" to 5.0" size, the moto x was the perfect size.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
So I've had the 5X on Fi for the last few days. One issue is, I'm unable to sent text to phones on other networks. I can receive text with no problem though. Supposedly this is the result of porting in s Google voice number and l the solution is to just wait s few days.

Coming from the original Moto X, the size of the 5X will take some getting use to. It's unfortunate manufactures are not producing many phones in the 4.7" to 5.0" size, the moto x was the perfect size.

I hope it works for you but this is an issue for many who are using an older Google Voice number. I've been on Fi for a week and still cannot send text messages to AT&T phones, my case is one of those that has been escalated. Apparently the only real fix I've currently seen, if you end up with this problem, is to get a new phone number -- in my case, something I'm not willing to do. I hope texts start sending for you soon.

nydog

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I just had them switch the number. I was not tied to my google voice number so it wasn't a big deal for me. I can confirm that text are now being sent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR