File management inside/outside pixel 6?

MCR01

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
I am trying to access (and move) files within a Pixel 6. Is there a file management app that will allow me to do this.
"Android file transfer app" is pretty grim software for a novice.
Any help much appreciated.

MCR01

Feb 26, 2024
Visit site
Correct, files were originally on a Mac. I managed to move them to a Pixel 6, I think.
Following advice here I am using Solid Explorer to move the files within the Pixel, my problem is that I don't know where Android is hiding the data that my app is using (the app is freeware XCSoar - a gliding application).
I can see the XCSoar app with Solid Explorer but I am not allowed to data drop files into the app. I assume this is because Android 14 is hiding the XCSoar data directory somewhere......so I'm stuck, again.
Any help much appreciated
PS the XCSoar app works just fine on the Pixel.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Over the years, Google has modified Android such that the directories that apps use are more secure, so the user might not be able to access them easily. These folders are usually in the /Android/data folder. Try using Total Commander (although this may not work either -- you might only be able to view the folders, rather than manipulate them).

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
Certainly give Total Commander a shot. This LINK may or may not also be helpful. It is a XCSOAR user group thread within Google Groups, where others have encountered a similar issue to yours and are discussing a possible fix. Although a year old, it may still be worthwhile to check out and there may be other threads within the group that might be helpful. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy