Finally Rooted my DInc!

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Everyone else on the fence about it do it! UnrEVOked makes it SO damn easy! Loving Wireless Tether and actually being able to do screenshots!

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Nice, I felt the same way when I finally decided to do it. Wireless Tethering, screenshots and installing custom ROM's made me feel like I had a new phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup rooting and custom roms, themes, kernels... do totally make it like a new phone. Just dont forget to make your stock backup before flashing custom roms tho ;)

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Thx guys, did a back up last night. Not going to do a custom Rom for a bit, I want to do more research and try to understand as much as I can before I do something like that.

ksblues

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Have the HTC Incredible running Android 2.2 with software version 3.26.605.1. Would like to root my phone, but am a NEW-BEEEE. What's the best step by step "for dummies" tutorial you've seen? Your advice greatly appreciated! :) :cool:

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Have the HTC Incredible running Android 2.2 with software version 3.26.605.1. Would like to root my phone, but am a NEW-BEEEE. What's the best step by step "for dummies" tutorial you've seen? Your advice greatly appreciated! :) :cool:

You should do research on rooting first, I don't have links to actual threads here or on XDA but you also have the "Rooting" tab on the top of the page. As far as step by step you really do not need one if you use UnrEVOked, it pretty much does it by itself. just go to unrevoked.com and select the Droid Incredible icon.

DikaiaKnight

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
ok...downloaded unrevoked3.
but now I would need a rom correct?

You don't need a ROM to root. You can run unrevoked, let it root and really your phone will be the same except now it will be rooted. You will have a super user app to control what apps get super user access. Other than that it will be the same phone. You can then download root apps like wireless tether etc.

If you want to run a rom its a separate process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SCZ